Closed Thread

Thread: FS: 1987 VW Scirocco 16V

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar

FS: 1987 VW Scirocco 16V

SOLD!!!

Alright, here you go folks…a chance to own a super clean example of VW greatness.

I bought this car with the plan to clean it up, do the work that needed to be done and enjoy the car in its current OEM plus kind of state. I’ve since had the opportunity to purchase a really clean example of my dream project car (yeah, an X1/9) and as much as I’d love to have both, it’s just not possible. With that being said…the Scirocco has to go.

This is a list of all the work that’s been done since in the last few weeks. There really isn’t anything else to do to the car except enjoy it. The car doesn’t need an e-test being an 87’ and I’d be willing to get the car safetied for the new owner upon purchase.

Recent work and new parts:
    -Both outer CV boots
    -Right side inner and outer tie rod assembly (with alignment)
    -Rear brake pads
    -Oil pan gasket
    -Hella triple tone air horns (loud as F)
    -Reverse light switch
    -Fresh oil change (OEM filter and Elf oil)
    -Rust free hood painted to match, (original hood was rusted out on front)
    -Drivers seat re-upholstered (both left side seat bolsters, both are solid)
    -2 brand new OEM keys cut (three keys total)
    -Clutch and brake pedal pads replaced (OEM rubber ones)
    -4 brand new Hella headlight bulbs
    -Professionally detailed

Other features and parts worth mentioning:
    -4 like new snow tires (95% tread left, 185/60/14 Kumho KW17) on original Pirelli P’s
    -Refinished 15” Corrado Sebrings (will be included with sale, no tires)
    -Euro bumpers
    -Euro headlights (with correct corner lenses)
    -K&N Air filter
    -Cross drilled front rotors with performance pads
    -Remus stainless steel cat back exhaust, a little loud, a lot awesome.
    -Neuspeed lowering springs (sport, 1.25” drop) lower than factory, but not slammed where you can’t drive it.
    -New Battery
    -Central locking (doors and trunk)
    -Power Windows
    -Sunroof
    -All correct 16V badges (grill, dash, and trunk)
    -Complete intact 16V body kit, no damage anywhere (including mint foam wing)
    -No real rust, yes…it’s 23 years old, it’s got a few real tiny spots of surface rust, but nothing that couldn’t be repaired easily. As for the rest of the paint, it’s old, but it’s in real good shape, I took rubbing compound and a claybar to the whole car, there is no longer and grease and garbage in the paint. The pictures will speak for themselves.

MINTY FRESH 16V interior (no rips or tears of any kind)
    -both heated seats work
    -all climate controls work
    -carpets are spotless,
    -rear deck has no holes
    -dash is clean
    -all the correct dash trays are there and they’re all in good shape.
    -Cut the shift rod down about 2” and re-threaded to use the OEM knob (stock is just so ugly)
    -Blaupunkt CD Player
    -Scirocco steering wheel center badge

Price: Asking price, is $4300 or best offer, this car is even cleaner and tidier with more rare parts than my last white 16V Scriocco that I sold for the same money and I haven't seen one here or in the US classifieds on Vortex that even compares to this condition for this kind of money. Snows and or Sebrings don’t necessarily have to go with the vehicle, if you have your own rolling gear to bring, you’re welcome to do so and we can discuss price.

On to the pictures...

Last edited by DUB101; 02-20-2010 at 12:00 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    wow
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    #$*()#$(#$)(#$#&$*#$(#$*&#*$(#)$()#W$$#()$)(#W*$() #W$*()W#$)(#W_+!()#*$()#$)(*#W)$)(#$W#*#$)(#W$(#)$ #($

I hate rust buckets... hate all the retro stuff going on....but when I saw this..my mouth dropped!....buying this car and spending another 2-3gs and you have a immaculate show winning car retaining OEM bits....WOW indeed..

Veteran Member DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101 has much to be proud of DUB101's Avatar
    Thanks for the kind words gentleman...

Honestly, if I were to keep this car...the only thing I'd do, (or reccomend to the next person) is a complete tear down and re-paint...everything else is 1987 or newer minty fresh lol...
    in my spare time i like to surround myself with miniature figurines, and pretend that i am a giant. then i steal their livestock and smash their houses so they live in a constant state of fear.

Veteran Member distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future
    goddamnit you owe me a keyboard

so hot
    *various witty comments and gawky, forum cluttering images*

Bump for Scirocco love, someone wants a clean VW...motor still screams, car still drives awesome. And less rust than most MKIV's!!!

Spring is coming bump...

sold, lock it up!!!

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Congrats

IB4TL and Len

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Congrats, Hope it went to a good home.

Closed Thread

Thread Information