+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Clear Bra, white car, local shop....Discuss

Veteran Member ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW's Avatar

Question Clear Bra, white car, local shop....Discuss

Any recomendation out there?
    Under Pressure

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    I had a 3M bra put on my car when I bought my car 9 years ago. I just had the front part of the hood done. I'll dig out some pics and post.

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    meh, ya it has its purpose, but I dont like the look personally. I have however laminted headlights to preserve them, after a year if its pitted remove and start fresh.

Veteran Member Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
    Everyone I know with this system swear by it. Much cheaper to have it removed and reaplied as needed than to refinish a hood. Just be aware that when you wax, it tends to collect where the film ends and the paint begins. Not a huge issue, particularly on a white car, but something to mind when waxing.
    Running a 125W Phenom on an ORIGINAL MSI K9A2 CF. Nothing popped yet

Desperately Needed: Drivers side MK3 Fender in White. No Antenna hole. MUST BE VERY Clean. Not looking for perfectionbut willing to pay a fair price

Sponsor

vw1302 is a glorious beacon of light vw1302 is a glorious beacon of light vw1302 is a glorious beacon of light vw1302 is a glorious beacon of light vw1302 is a glorious beacon of light vw1302 is a glorious beacon of light vw1302's Avatar
    I have it on my black GTi... When it's clean you can barely see it. Make sure you get the 3M stuff. Our installer is a buddy of mine and he's very good. He uses a roll of material, not the pre-cut. Much better finished look. IMO
    Mike Benford
    Sales and Leasing Professional
    www.brantfordvw.com
    2010 GTI 2dr DBP

Veteran Member ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW has a spectacular aura about ZIPN VW's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vw1302 View Post
    I have it on my black GTi... When it's clean you can barely see it. Make sure you get the 3M stuff. Our installer is a buddy of mine and he's very good. He uses a roll of material, not the pre-cut. Much better finished look. IMO
    Do you have a contact name?
    Under Pressure

I guess no one has any suggestions.
    Under Pressure

New Member 4mo is on a distinguished road
    the clear bras work really well, but i really don't recommend it on a white car. I've seen them get discoloured and turn yellowish. It does this regardless of the colour of your car but it's most noticeable on white cars.

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    shinzomedia.com... ask for mikey. They do clear bra's...or just about anything for the matter.

Quote Originally Posted by Kei78 View Post
    shinzomedia.com... ask for mikey. They do clear bra's...or just about anything for the matter.
    I have tried to call them for a few days but no one is there and the voicemail box is not setup. Im pretty sure they are loosing business because of this.
    Under Pressure

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ZIPN VW View Post
    I have tried to call them for a few days but no one is there and the voicemail box is not setup. Im pretty sure they are loosing business because of this.
    oh they had a booth at the auto show. They should be back this week.

So I finally picked up my car and had to post a follow up. I went with Marco at Advanced Mobile Group. He drove to the dealer and installed the kit yesterday before i took delivery. I am very happy with the work. Unless you were right up on the car, you could not notice the bra. I wish I was there to see him work, but from the comments i received from the mechanics on the shop floor, Marco was very professional and many were amazed with his work.

I dont usually promote any services, but in the case of Marco at Advanced Mobile Group, Any body looking at getting this king of work done should look him up.

http://www.advancedmobilegroup.net
    Under Pressure

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information