+ Reply to Thread

Thread: vag-com and windows 7

vag-com and windows 7

just got a new laptop that came with windows 7. Tired to install vagcom but have no luck opening it. Just wondering if anyone either knows if it works with win 7 or has got it to work with win 7 or if your having a problem too.

thanks guys.

i most probably posted this in the wrong section but i didnt see any other section that wouldve been more fitting.

Veteran Member Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
    I would be curious to know this as well.
    Running a 125W Phenom on an ORIGINAL MSI K9A2 CF. Nothing popped yet

Desperately Needed: Drivers side MK3 Fender in White. No Antenna hole. MUST BE VERY Clean. Not looking for perfectionbut willing to pay a fair price

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    According to this, the BETA works with windows 7.

http://www.ross-tech.com/vcds/downlo...a/current.html

If you are using anything but a Genuine, current Ross-Tech cable, you might have issues with the older versions.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    good post, i just picked up a lap top with windows 7 and plan on getting a vag com shortly.

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    Works fine, iam using it on my laptop...win7 x86... Iam using hex-can-usb. Software version iam using 912...and the previous version 908 also worked for me too...

Veteran Member Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
    x86 is obsolete thinking. All my PC's are 64. Anyone know of issues with 64 bit OS? 7 in particular?
    Running a 125W Phenom on an ORIGINAL MSI K9A2 CF. Nothing popped yet

Desperately Needed: Drivers side MK3 Fender in White. No Antenna hole. MUST BE VERY Clean. Not looking for perfectionbut willing to pay a fair price

Quote Originally Posted by Kei78 View Post
    Works fine, iam using it on my laptop...win7 x86... Iam using hex-can-usb. Software version iam using 912...and the previous version 908 also worked for me too...
    hmm i tried version 409 and 311 but neither open....

also on a side note anyone know how to make the icon sizes on desktop, with xp they were small, i can't seem to figure out how to do it with 7.

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roberts View Post
    x86 is obsolete thinking. All my PC's are 64. Anyone know of issues with 64 bit OS? 7 in particular?
    Agreed... but this is my work laptop... so it really doesnt matter to me.

My personal home machine iam running win7 x64, but i have never tried to hook my vag to it, since its a desktop so i cant comment weather or not the vag software works on that version or not.

Quote Originally Posted by elroy View Post
    hmm i tried version 409 and 311 but neither open....
    Never tried those two versions you mentioned as they are really old!

ya i downloaded VCDS beta 912 off the rostech site. now i just have to get my ebay cable to work with 7, worked fine with xp............hmmm.....

i've tried the "run programs made for earlier versions of video" and didnt have any luck installing the drivers for the cable. I will try again and post updates

Junior Member turbokurt is an unknown quantity at this point
    I thought it wouldnt even work with xp or vista?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information