+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fuel Pump from to an Auto TDI to a Manual TDI

Senior Member AndrewTDI will become famous soon enough AndrewTDI will become famous soon enough AndrewTDI's Avatar

Fuel Pump from to an Auto TDI to a Manual TDI

I was talking with a friend, who's apprenticing as a mechanic. And he told me that I should look into getting a fuel pump from an Auto-transmission TDI to put into my Manual transmission TDI. Are there any power benefits to doing this, or is it just a way to get more smoke? Would it be wise to do this instead of injectors, with injectors, or skip it all together?

thanks!
    Andrew- 99.5 Jetta TDI

Veteran Member Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78 has much to be proud of Kei78's Avatar
    He must be talking about getting a 11mm ip from an auto and replacing the 10mm ip thats in manual TDI's. Yes there is benefits... more power... but you prob will smoke more with out other supporting mods to let it breath...

I see some guys doing the hammer mod, or raising their IQ to compensate.

Senior Member 79 rocco will become famous soon enough 79 rocco will become famous soon enough 79 rocco's Avatar
    i have 11mm pump $600

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    if you just change injection pump and not nozzles do you still increase power?

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    get one of the famous "superpumps by giles"thats $1000 and its all new and modded for what ever you want to do in the future, next on your list should be a turbo back straight pipe exhaust the bigger the better
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    i thought giles only rebuilt older diesel pumps, not TDI pumps, i could be wrong.

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    you may be right, i'm not a diesel guy, i just hang around with a few and drop names to make it sound like i know what i'm talking about, seriously not into diesels
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information