+ Reply to Thread

Thread: MK4 Passenger Heated Seat Not Working

Member JackkFrostt will become famous soon enough JackkFrostt will become famous soon enough JackkFrostt's Avatar

MK4 Passenger Heated Seat Not Working

Hey guys

Hoping someone can give me advice here

My passenger side heated seat is not working..
    I dont know why or how

Any advice?

Thanks

Josh
    {2003 VW Golf TDi - 5sp - 4dr}
    {1992 VW Golf - VR Swapping}
    {1985 VW Golf GTi - RIP }
    {1993 VW Passat GLX - RIP }

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    try changing the switch in the dash, if that dont werk chances are the heater element in the seat is pooched, or a wire in the circuit is broke.

I seem to remember someone mentioning they don't even make the elements for these seats anymore, and when they did they were stupid expensive.

Member JackkFrostt will become famous soon enough JackkFrostt will become famous soon enough JackkFrostt's Avatar
    Would the switch still light up even if it's pooched?

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    the heating element is probably fucked

To replace it, you need to take apart the seat at the bottom, take off the cover, replace the heating element (its like a sheet) and then put back

if you know what you're doing, its like a 1 hour job
    24v

So it's most likely the element?

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    There was a recall on mk4s iirc for the heated seats but i'm not sure what was covered and what years.

Mine was an 03 and it was affected by the recall but i can't remember what they did exactly
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

Veteran Member vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti's Avatar
    For me it's the drivers seat. Damn passenger gets to keep warm and I don't. Total bullshit hahaa.
    Their are plenty of Honda girls....but VW girls now that's a rare sight of beauty. That's what they call VWBeauti. <3

Yep your right, car is going into the dealer on Thursday!
    It is covered

Thanks everyone

Quote Originally Posted by Punjabi_Dubber View Post
    There was a recall on mk4s iirc for the heated seats but i'm not sure what was covered and what years.

Mine was an 03 and it was affected by the recall but i can't remember what they did exactly

Veteran Member wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg's Avatar
    unfortunatly it is not covered on my 2001 Wolfsburg, another reason to get a new GTI.
    Strudel Boy

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information