+ Reply to Thread

Thread: User Reputation

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar

User Reputation

Ok, you asked for it, I enabled it.

The Basics:

Everyone starts with 10 Reputation points. Each user has the POWER to add or subtract reputation to another user. Find this icon under a user's name in a post:

Click it to "Add" or "Remove" reputation.

The details:

Reputation-altering power is based on the following factors:

Register Date Factor:
    For every 60 days you are a member here, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Post Count Factor:
    For every 100 number of posts, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Reputation Point Factor
    For every 100 points of reputation, users gain 1 point of reputation-altering power.

Minimum requirements of a user must be met before they can participate in giving reputation to other users:

Minimum Post Count
    User must have 20 posts before there reputation hits count on others

Minimum Reputation Count

Use must have 50 reputation points before there reputation hits count on others

Other Restrictions

Daily Reputation Clicks Limit:
    User may only give reputation to another user 10 times per day.

Reputation User Spread:
    You must give reputation to 30 other users before you are allowed to give out reputation to the same user again.

EXAMPLE:

You have been a member for 120 days, you have 1000 posts and you currently have 500 reputation from other users.

120 Days = 2 Points
    1000 Posts = 10 Points
    500 Reputation = 5 Points

You now have the ability to add or subtract "17" points to any user on the forum, including moderator and administrators.

The more "Reputation" you have, the more of these little Green Boxes you will have beside your name.

What they are for:

I'm not sure what we will use these for yet, but if it works out, it will probably be a good indicator for when we need new moderators, or if someone has poor reputation when deciding if they are going to be banned or not. Maybe we will have prizes or something, I'm not entirely sure yet. You guys asked for it, so we'll try it out for a while

User can only hope to improve: -50
    User has a little shameless behaviour in the past: -10
    User is an unknown quantity at this point: 0
    User is on a distinguished road: 10
    User will become famous soon enough: 50
    User has a spectacular aura about: 150
    User is a jewel in the rough: 250
    User is just really nice: 350
    User is a glorious beacon of light: 450
    User is a name known to all: 550
    User is a splendid one to behold: 650
    User has much to be proud of: 1000
    User has a brilliant future: 1500
    User has a reputation beyond repute: 2000

NOTE: Since our board is actually 8 years old, and people have posts upwards of 15k to 20k, the above numbers may be changed since a lot of us will have the power to add 200 points a time. I will update this thread if this changes.

Enjoy.

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    I taking all your user points away Harry. ahahaha

Are we able to see who added or subtracted user points?
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I taking all your user points away Harry. ahahaha

Are we able to see who added or subtracted user points?
    If you click on USER CP, then scroll down to the bottom, you can see who added what.

Veteran Member dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life's Avatar
    I've been a member since '06. Why do I only have one little green square?

I've been a member since '06. Why do I only have one little green square
    See, I think this is where it gets confusing.

Basically the longer you have been here, the more "rep power" you have to give others, but you don't actually get any rep for being here / posting.. which is why i had it disabled in the first place

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information