+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Best Products For Interior Cleaning

Member dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7 is just really nice dub_0_7's Avatar

Best Products For Interior Cleaning

Hey guys,

I really need to give my interior a good cleaning, and im not really down for paying 130.00 for getting it detailed. Can anyone reccommend products and/or methods they used for cleaning their interior roof and a pillers? And what they used for their seats and floor carpet....That rendered really good results? I have the 20th anniversaty Le Mans Cloth for waht its worth..

thanks

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    For the Pillers, headliner, and carpet I use an orange cleaner. Carpet I scrub with medium brush. vaccuum.

Pillers and headliner, I use a soft microfiber cloth soaked in the solution and rub the surfaces with it. Trying not to soak the headliner and pillers because you don't want the glue to let go.
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    I used automotive windex on all plastic surfaces in the car. Does a good job, its safe for tinted windows, and doesn't leave your dash insanely shiney.
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Veteran Member Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
    I actually use low gloss (winces) Armor All And lots of paper towels for appropriate (hard plastic or vinyl, not rubber or fabric) surfaces. It does not damage anything like some will say (I've used it on this car for ten years).

For carpets, headliner, and seats I use a Kenmore carpet shampooer with the upholstery attachment and some sort of Bissel mild carpet/upholstery cleaner(been awhile). Just be careful not to oversaturate the headliner. As mentioned above you don't want it coming unglued.

I don't have tinted windows so I use regular windex on them (windex contains amonia and amonia will discolour many tints, often a hideous purple) with lots of paper towels and newspaper.

For Leather bits I use an Eagle 1 product, but I only have a shifter and handbrake boot to worry about. Ask someone with seats for a recommendation if you need leather care.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information