+ Reply to Thread

Thread: What N75 valve should I use?

What N75 valve should I use?

hey so i have a 2000 gti awd and i dont know what valve to use got get a little more power N75 f,j,k? any suggestion would be great thanks

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    N75 Race from ECS.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    here's some info I compiled from various posts regarding the different valves..
    I had a dead n75 in my car when I had purchased it... causing me to do alot of research

So these are what I've found so far.
    058-906-283-C 20-30 ohm
    058-906-283-F 25-35 ohm
    034-906-283-H 25-45 ohm
    034-906-283-J 20-40 ohm
    034-906-283-K 20-40 ohm

word is C has been superceded by the F. I don't know anything else about the H,J, or K.

"...as we now know, the N75 regulates boost pressure based on the ECU's signal. The only problem is that the N75 is pre-designed to react a certain way to this duty cycle signal. Since there are various turbos out there and various engines to pair them with, there are several different revisions of the N75 that you can buy from any VW/Audi parts dealer.

The main change between these various N75 valves is the way that they react to the duty cycle signal. Some valves have a small threshold for the need to lower or level out boost pressure. Some valves are intended to allow much higher boost levels and hold them even throughout the entire RPM range. In the end, the ECU still controls the valve's open/closed state. The valve just reacts faster or slower to these signals.

The main part number for the N75 valve is: 034906283.

Each revision of the N75 has a different letter added to the end of it's part number.

Here is a current list of the various N75 valves that you can find at your local VW/Audi dealership and what motors they were made for:

034906283C - Oldest valve, A4 1.8T original
    034906283F - Newer revision for 1.8T (maybe 170HP or TT 225)
    034906283H - 1991/1992 ABY engine and AAN Engines in S4/S6
    034906283J - 3B engine in early S2
    034906283K - ADU and ABY engines in late S2 and RS2

There are alot of places on the web that offer "upgraded" N75 valves for your 1.8T/2.7T.

ECS-Tuning sells a "race" valve. THis valve is infact the N75 version "H". It will cause boost to spike very high and in some situations cause your ECU to cut power in fear of detonation (also called "limp mode").

The N75 version "J" is a very popular model. It makes the K03 react very linear throughout the RPM range and doesn't cause the "limp mode" problem with most 1.0bar chip programs.

The N75 version "K" is an uncommon version to see in use but, it is very similar to the "J" version and many people see no need to bother with it.

**NOTE**: As with any upgraded item for your car, check to see if other people have tried this part with the exact same program you are using on your ECU to see what the effects are.

On a side note, most ECUs will have a preset limit for boost pressure. The ECU can determine the boost pressure by reading the air mass as it enters the air filter end of the intake pipe. By pairing an upgraded N75 with a high boost ECU program (ie. GIAC "X" chip) you are very likely to hit "limp mode"

Veteran Member Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911's Avatar
    I used several when my car was "stock" and J gave me the best results.
    Nick | 2001 Golf 1.8T | www.mygolfiv.com | www.gtan.ca | HID Kits | Mechanic Gloves | Need Hosting ? $6/Month IM Me |

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    I'm a sponge bitch...

Veteran Member awya14 has a spectacular aura about awya14 has a spectacular aura about awya14's Avatar
    best bita info Ive read in a long time ..I was looking into a new N75 ..after I do the plugs and coils ..very helpful ..indeed
    2001 wolfsburg

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information