+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Alignment Shops

Senior Member TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub's Avatar

Alignment Shops

So now that I lowered my car and got new set of rims, I need to get alignment done on the front wheels. Where would you suggest to go for good laser alignment shop in Kitchener-Waterloo?

P.S.: We should have a thread with a list of wheel alignment shops in tri-cities area stickied IMO. Searching for "alignment" brings up a lot of irrelevant threads.
    2002 VW Jetta 1.8T

Laughter is the best medicine, but if you have inside jokes with yourself, you've gone too far.

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    Derek I think is his name
    Beverly tire on Hespler in Cambridge... I believe...

can anyone else vouch for this?

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    yeap...........Go see Derek at Beverly Tire. Hespler Road and Lang's Drive till him you are from GenerationDUb and thaat you need a FRONT WHEEL Alignment do not get a 4 wheel alignement as its not needed with the solid rear beam just because you lowered the car. unless you hit something really hard on the rears it should not have changed from factory because of lowering it...the fronts might have...worth the money to be sure! he did mine when i lowered my mkiv jetta and shop is low car friendly
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Yup, great place. That's where I'll be going for an alignment soon.

Derek's awesome.

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    There ya go

4 out 5 dentis... I mean.. dubbers agree....

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    i told you about this when i did your coilovers Andrew......!!!!
    vwarmy

Senior Member TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub's Avatar
    Oh yeah, I forgot. LOL

P.S.: I still think mapping out alignment shops in the area is a good idea.
    2002 VW Jetta 1.8T

Laughter is the best medicine, but if you have inside jokes with yourself, you've gone too far.

only if they are VW Friendly!!
    vwarmy

Veteran Member euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of euro.lo has much to be proud of
    so, none of u guys had your rear aligned? I had mine done and it cost me a pretty penny. I didn't know tho. the shop just said it had to be done, so I was like go ahead...

Veteran Member 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO's Avatar
    Pretty sure the MKIV has rear adjustment and requires a 4 wheel alignment.

PM me for details on another lowered car friendly alignment shop.

Beverley Tire from me
    * VW ARMY *

WROTH VW

see...
    4 outta 5 dentists agree..

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    I just had my car done twice 2 H2sport , only thing is they're booking 2 weeks out...
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Veteran Member wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg's Avatar
    yup go see Derek at Bev tire in Cambridge. had lots done there, He knows of GenDub and likes VeeDubs.
    Strudel Boy

Quote Originally Posted by 81CABRIO View Post
    Pretty sure the MKIV has rear adjustment and requires a 4 wheel alignment.

PM me for details on another lowered car friendly alignment shop.

Beverley Tire from me
    it does not require rear adjustment....

what happened at Beverley with you????????
    vwarmy

Veteran Member vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti's Avatar
    Yes Derek helped me with my car's alignment. Did a good job.

Senior Member xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx is a jewel in the rough xLilJayx's Avatar
    working at a shop that does alignments - i've never seen a car need adjustments on the rear - usually the computer is set up to take the alignment from the rear tires and use that to base the alignment for the front tires....thats what was explained to me by our alignment guys..... unless its 4 wheel drive.....

edit: didn't realized age of thread....posted here because of redirecting from another thread....
    1998 VW Golf 2.0T ( R.I.P. )
    Dubbin, It's a Life Style

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information