+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Coolant Leak!

Veteran Member brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435's Avatar

Coolant Leak!

So i picked up my almost free 1.8T today, and it's got a bitch of a coolant leak. over about a 5 minute drive(yes, i was beating the living crap out of it during that 5 minutes.....) the coolant reservoir went from the max to min...and there's a nice puddle in my driveway. The leak appears to be coming from the drivers side of the engine, near the intake, as far as i can tell. I can't pinpoint anything seeing as its wet down that whole side. any ideas???
    thanks in advance
    ps will try to post a pic or two tonight
    Likesgehenntodenrepairshoppenalot... or jetta for short

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    My guess is that it's coming from the lower rad hose.

Try just turning on the car and with a flashlight, locate where you see it dripping.
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435's Avatar
    k snoopin on the internet.... apparently the coolant flange is notorious for going? any input by anyone who knows anything would be appreciated
    Likesgehenntodenrepairshoppenalot... or jetta for short

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    That sounds about right.

It happened on my 2.0, and most if not all 4cyl VW's carry relatively a lot of the same parts, although modified for their intended application.
    moar.

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by brendan_435 View Post
    k snoopin on the internet.... apparently the coolant flange is notorious for going? any input by anyone who knows anything would be appreciated

yep.
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    happened on my 1.8T jetta. nice thing is that flange is only $30 over the counter!! and not hard to install either
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Remember to buy a jug of G12!
    moar.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information