+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: What % tint you guys have??

Member Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough

Question What % tint you guys have??

I have an apointment tomorrow to get tints on my Black MK4 Jetta. I cannot decide if I should go 20% maybe 35%.. All way around v.s. front and back.

I have been trying to find pictures what it will look like on black. Can you post pics with your percentage!!
    Jetta 1.8t Wolfsburgers // Unitronic Stg 1+

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    i have 20% TINT

Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    I have 35% TINT
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    oh yeah. get the same all around
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    ....back when I was hardcore

Veteran Member MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6 has much to be proud of MikeVR6's Avatar
    I have the split tinting and I like it. Mine seems darker then the 2nd picture liam posted though, maybe just because mine is black is seems different.
    2000 GTI VR6
    | My Twitter

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    see if you can find a picture of Luistuga's car. pretty sure he has a decent tint job done on his
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by Wolfie_1point8_T View Post
    I have an apointment tomorrow to get tints on my Black MK4 Jetta. I cannot decide if I should go 20% maybe 35%.. All way around v.s. front and back.

I have been trying to find pictures what it will look like on black. Can you post pics with your percentage!!
    Less is more.....IMHO. I have black too, and I chose not to tint on black. If it were any other color, then i'd tint, but again lite all around the same. Maintain continuity. However, feel free to do what makes you happy.

I've been staring at this for months debating to tint or not, since last year...

No Tint:
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 Unitronic Dealer

Member Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough Wolfie_1point8_T is a jewel in the rough
    Yea lighter tints always seem to look darker on a black car. Im leaning towards the 35% all the way around I think.

Veteran Member justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future
    Yea lighter tints always seem to look darker on a black car. Im leaning towards the 35% all the way around I think.
    good stuff. I still may change my mind too...then again its always changing... Post up when its done? I'd like to see what 35%looks like on black thanks.

Veteran Member distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future
    15%, black car
    *various witty comments and gawky, forum cluttering images*

Quote Originally Posted by Jettaboj View Post
    good stuff. I still may change my mind too...then again its always changing... Post up when its done? I'd like to see what 35%looks like on black thanks.
    Will do!!
    The picture you posted of the black Jetta with tints. What percent were those?

Will do!!
    The picture you posted of the black Jetta with tints. What percent were those?
    i have no clue. But its lite, prob a 35% ....im guessing

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    They really dont! 35% is just a light smoke all around its no where near dark/black

20% all around
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post
    They really dont! 35% is just a light smoke all around its no where near dark/black

20% all around
    haha thanks for making me even more confused than before. If I get there and the 35% looks even a little bit too light I will more than likely go with 20%

Thanks to everyone that helped me out

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    20% on a dark colour....

OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    35% all around. Looks pretty dark on my Bright RED.

Senior Member ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI's Avatar
    i was to get 5% on back and 15% on front on my car after. ahhh, limo tint....
    1997 GTI 2.slow

yeah man if i did this car over i do the rear and the small hatch windows in 5% and the 4 main windows in 20% ....35is so light why even tint your windows
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Senior Member ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI's Avatar
    do it once, make it dark
    1997 GTI 2.slow

Just dropped my car off this morning. I was going to get 20% all round untill the guy talked me into getting 15%
    Hope the cops don't bother me!

Ill try to post up a pic later on today.

Senior Member Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough Massecar is a jewel in the rough
    where did you go and how much? Im tinting soon too.

Go Glass in Waterloo. $230. It may be a bit more for anyone else. The VP and general manager used to be my company's client, so he hooked me up.

Member idarsot has a little shameless behaviour in the past
    whats up buddy?? i would suggest going with 20%.... they will look alot better...... are you getting lifetime warranty with your tints??? if not call this guy Dave 5197161730.....tell him u want it done for cash no warranty he does a good job soo nothing to worry about..... my buddy had his jetta done with 20% all around looks nice..... make sure they tint the top few inches of your windsheild if its not already tinted

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    For reference, here's my GTi with 35% tint all around:

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Just dropped my car off this morning. I was going to get 20% all round untill the guy talked me into getting 15%
    Hope the cops don't bother me!

Ill try to post up a pic later on today.
    It might be tough seeing out at night.........even if you don't get a ticket....it's gonna be a pain getting pulled over and playing 20 questions, YMMV. 20 looks like 15 on a black car...and 15 looks like 10 (subjective I know).

Edit: just found this
    http://img225.imageshack.us/img225/7...awheelsts6.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Ricas View Post
    For reference, here's my GTi with 35% tint all around:

Ric who did your Tint? I got quoted at zbart Meadovale 220 taxes in...Lifetime waranty...Meadovale TC location only...Im still debating to roll like the President still....

I had my tint done in Scarborough. I forget the name of the place, but it's the same place Don Valley VW uses to tint their cars. BTW, Fishbowl status is pretty cool.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

This is me playing around with the idea:

I think its scary! to be that dark on the windows...especially with my night Miopia....

WoW, that's the worst Paint Shop I have ever seen

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Just got it back. 15% all around.

Im really happy with the outcome. I will have to wait until tonight and see if I will be able to see anything out the back...
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0136.jpg
Views:	718
Size:	66.8 KB
ID:	2688   Click image for larger version

Name:	SSPX0139.jpg
Views:	739
Size:	63.9 KB
ID:	2689  

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast