+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Vast Performance & Tuning

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar

Vast Performance & Tuning

If you know anything about S4s, well then you would know that Vast Performance are the premier tuners for the 2.7T Platform as they hold most of the records for the B5 platform coupled with amazing results for the 1.8T, 4.2 V8 and the 3.0V6. I never inquired about 2.0TFSI engine but I saw a B7 Audi getting some work done so I am sure its possible.

I had a chance to go by their shop today to pick up my buddy John's S4 (he was at Border bash, Nogaro Blue S4). He left it there for the guys to work their magic. Entering their shop, it looks like in the middle of nowhere (well Ferndale, Michigan about 15 mins from the Windsor/Detroit border) and has no signage or elaborate welcome mat, but walking in, it was teutonic heaven. They had at least 5 S4s sitting on hoists with their engines out, each being massaged differently with the back area of the shop filled with benches of complete custom parts for engine internals meticuloulsy laid out part by part (usually for their GT pkgs), RS4 K04s lying around like air filters. They had a Coraddo with a 1.8T swap sitting around too.

Shop is owned by a father/son duo both of engineering backgrounds and all they do is just make your VW/Audi as fast and reliable as possible and tailored to your own needs. John ended up getting Vast Piggies, Vast Meth system, Vast Converter and rebuilt auto tranny, custom tuning for 93 octane and E85 (almost like race octane), 440(or 550?) injectors, plus a whole bunch of refresh stuff done...and let me tell you that his car is a rocket!!...on stock K03s too!!

I realized one thing after going to a shop like this is that the stuff that APR and other companies churn out are great and reliable but there is no way you can get customized perfomrance tailored to your driving and power needs.

If you guys ever come to down to Windsor or Michigan, take a trip down there if you want to get some crazy stuff done to your cars. If I had the money, I would definately get a few custom things done down there.

http://www.vastperformance.com

I will post picures the next time after I get their permission to put them up. I am meeting with Mike the computer wiz to do a couple of logs and see whether a custom file will benefit my car or not and he was willing to do that at no cost to me, as he mentioned that he wouldn't want me getting a custom file and gaining 5whp and spending 550US for it as it would be waste. Let see how things turn out.

Thought I would share my trip and info with you guys. Be something to check out if you guys make it down for Motorstadt VI which unfortunately won't be held at the VWofA headquarters as VWoA moved it from Rochester Hills, MI to Virginia or somewhere else...but to be held in Detroit (be nice if its at Belle Isle Raceway where they have the Indy races).

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    I've heard nothing but good things about Vast. They are THE TUNER to go to for B5 S4's.

I'm getting my clutch and flywheel from there And plan on getting my stage 3 done there eventually!
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    Awesome man...lemme know when you actually go to get it done...grab a beer or something.

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Good place did you find yourself a trans kicking around by chance?
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post
    Good place did you find yourself a trans kicking around by chance?
    I got 2.0T FSI engine and a manual tranny to go with it....I just need to come by Mississauga to "pick" it up.

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    sweet!
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

There is a GTI around town (Royal Oak Woodward Ave corridor) that VAST has worked on.

It is said that VAST made a custom program for the guy's 2.0T, needless to say the car rips. Supposedly the guy didn't want a bullsh*t generic chip so they CUSTOM made one and reprogramed the whole ECU at VAST.

I have seen the car in person and it is unbelievable to see this GTI flying down the road.

good work for sure

nice user name
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Well Thank You.

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I love google! Gendub ranks #1 for Vast Performance on Google now! I should give them a ring :P

or maybe a dealer a get something fresh to start playing with again!
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Still need to make a trip up there in May.

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    should give them the a6 to play with
    Dixie whistlin', Coal Burnin', '01 Jetta TDI-3rd WF 14-SOLD
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

VAST IS FAST!!!!

They do great work and man do they make some fast cars.

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    VAST IS FAST

B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Told ya

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    sick i want the a6 to do that
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

Email them Blake...they are cool...most likely Prince will get back to you with all the info you need.

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by SOOTBOMB View Post
    sick i want the a6 to do that
    For them to do it, $2x,xxx roughly

600AWHP is kick ass though
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

I dun think their GT kit costs that much Tom.....

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by JustJettin View Post
    The kit itself doesn't, but pulling the motor, rods, pistons, clutch, etc all adds up. a GT powered S4 car will cost you about 20k to do it right. A ton of money, i know, but its cheap for 600+hp
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Quote Originally Posted by JustJettin View Post
    I know, hence why I said for them to do it.

It's pricey, but if you love your S4 enough, you will do it. I can't imagine the power.

Either way, S4 with GTRS's is the sex!
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

thing is i can do all that work myself. all i would need them for is the tuning

I realize the thread is old, but the information is still active....

I am new, but, I have a Vast Performance experience I would like to share.

I participated in a group buy for a pcv cannister. Paid in full for the item, and then started to wait for it to arrive. The tracking number they provided would only say the item was submitted electronically, and the tracking number was created, but the package was never scanned in by USPS. This can mean a few things, but basically they either never did mail the package, or USPS did not scan the item when it was actually dropped off to them.

The quick version of the story? Never got the package, Vast Performance offered to send another one, as long as I paid half of list price, plus $20 for shipping. Doing some quick math told me that they would actually profit from this since they are the ones getting the $100 insurance money back from USPS.

Full thread at http://www.gm-trucks.com/forums/inde...pic=129552&hl= . Please take a read and follow your hearts as which side to take. I have all the emails should anyone require/want to read how Vast Performance communicates with customers that have the nerve to complain about missing packages.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information