+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: EPC light ..traction control light ,loss of boost

Veteran Member awya14 has a spectacular aura about awya14 has a spectacular aura about awya14's Avatar

Exclamation EPC light ..traction control light ,loss of boost

so,I started up..warmed up for 10mins or so..then left ..5mins in as I was excellerating,my traction control light came on ..then the EPC ...lost boost ...turned around went home..shut off ,tuned key forword waited a sec then started again..
    EPC light was off..tract light still on....turned off again ..repeated ..then both were off..car starts and seems to run fine..just no boost???popped the hood..couldnt see anything(not that Id know what to look for)..could it be the chip?..or my ecu ?? I searched ..but didnt come up with anything ..maybe Im searching the wrong thing?? help would be great ..and if someone has a code reader Id love to check it out ..im sure its fine to drive ..but Im sure 1 of you knows exactly what it is..thanks
    2001 wolfsburg

Veteran Member awya14 has a spectacular aura about awya14 has a spectacular aura about awya14's Avatar
    o ya ...and now the trac light doesnt come on when I push the button...??
    2001 wolfsburg

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    MAF is shot. Loss of boost is likely the car going into "limp mode".

[EDIT] It's fine to drive, you'll just use more gas and your traction control is indeed off. No way to turn it back on that I'm aware of without fixing the problem first.

Whats the maf?
    2001 wolfsburg

and ya ...its limp alright
    2001 wolfsburg

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    Mass airflow sensor
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    ^^ Yup, It's the sensor that's plugged into the round plastic bit between your intake and the turbo inlet pipe.

Mass air flow sensor?
    2001 wolfsburg

ahh ic how much and how hard to fix?
    2001 wolfsburg

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Buy it on-line in Canadian funds. You'll have it in a couple of days:

http://www.autopartsway.ca/autoparts....8%20L4~240551

Or if you're really hurting, go to the dealership and pay probably $200+.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Well, I'd suggest getting the car scanned first to make sure that's the problem 100%. I bought my replacement OEM one from autopartsway.ca last year. I think it was around $112.

[EDIT] RIC, FAAAAST!

Replacing it is EASY as they give you the MAF and the surround that it plugs into. Loosen the host clamps on both sides of the original MAF, unplug the harness, swap.

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Ya man... I agree with Roland. Get the car scanned if you can, to make sure that that is the problem. I'd scan it for you for $20 . Actually I'll do it for free if you're in Mississauga

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Quote Originally Posted by rictuga View Post
    Ya man... I agree with Roland. Get the car scanned if you can, to make sure that that is the problem. I'd scan it for you for $20 . Actually I'll do it for free if you're in Mississauga
    Im actually headin to milton 1 day this week ..I could swing by....$20's cool I just talked to euro speed and they said the same thing ..get it scanned 1st...
    2001 wolfsburg

Nah man... I won't charge you to get your car scanned. It was an inside joke. If you're in Milton tomorrow you can meet me somewhere close to my place (Derry & Winston Churchill) after 5 pm and I'll scan it for you.

[EDIT] Something else you might want to try is to pull out your MAF, place it in a ZIP Lock bag with some rubbing alcohol and swoosh it around. Then let it air dry and install it. I've heard some people were successful with that method. I wasn't though

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

sounds good...I will let you know If i can come tomarrow..and I will try that trick and see what happens..thanks alot everyone...Its crazy how fast you'all got me my answers ..Internet= awsome..its this thing right?
    2001 wolfsburg

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    no thats n75 valve

tight next to air box

or this 1
    2001 wolfsburg

nope thats diverter valve

o shit I was way off..
    2001 wolfsburg

LMAO!!

See attached for MAF.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Click image for larger version

Name:	08big.jpg
Views:	147
Size:	63.7 KB
ID:	2497  

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

I tried to get it off ..but its a weird torx head ..dont have the right tool..goona leave it for now
    2001 wolfsburg

ya..im an idiot
    2001 wolfsburg

are you missing your plastic bits under teh car you bay is dirty

His car could be like mine and the bay's just never been washed.

I havent checked ...maybe ..Ive managed to drive it through every snow storm this year and most times 2+hrs on the 401 ...bought it november ..put 13,000km on it already!!so between the dirty engine bay and the crazy stone chips outta the hood and bumper I can see alotta sand/dirt getting in
    2001 wolfsburg

BTW, you can take the MAF out by undoing the clamps for the hoses instead of taking it out with the weird screw driver. That's what I do.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

any snow fall over 10cm's and im plowin

2001 wolfsburg

So..if I take it off ..I can rinse or "swoosh it " around with cleaner ...and its ok?
    2001 wolfsburg

Yes!

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

it wont effect the plug end ?

2001 wolfsburg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information