+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Question and Answer Thread for DIY's

Junior Member GolfCP is on a distinguished road
    Mk3. I figured out the grill earlier today, but yeah the rub strips. Do they just get glued or what?

It's the earlier, Mk3. I figured out the grill today. Yeah it's the rub strips. Do they just need to be glued or what... ?

Yeah it's the early Mk3 chasis, I figured out the grill but do the rub strips just need to be glued?

Junior Member TAMK4GOLF will become famous soon enough TAMK4GOLF will become famous soon enough TAMK4GOLF's Avatar
    Kinda weird question but has anyone ever installed PIAA fog lights on an Mk4 gol or jetta? as im sure it would be the same install.
    2006 Golf 2.0 (Eurosport Short Ram intake, Long Beach rims, Alpine CDA 117, JL audio 12" sub, Kenwood amp)
    2003 Subaru Outback

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    they would install like any other bulb, unless you are talking about a HID system.

Junior Member TAMK4GOLF will become famous soon enough TAMK4GOLF will become famous soon enough TAMK4GOLF's Avatar
    No they are Drivers lights that need to be installed on my grill or my lower bumper near my license plate. the model is PIAA 510 xt driving lights. If anyone knows what bracket to use let me know im stumped.
    2006 Golf 2.0 (Eurosport Short Ram intake, Long Beach rims, Alpine CDA 117, JL audio 12" sub, Kenwood amp)
    2003 Subaru Outback

Junior Member LilHottieJetta is on a distinguished road
    I have an 86 Jetta and gotta replace the strut mounts and bearings. Looking for any advice on how to do.

Thanks

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    1. jack up the front of the car, supporting it on jack stands,under the crossmember
    2. remove strut assembly, by taking off the 22mm top nut, and the 2 spindle/camber bolts, taking care to scribe the strut and spindle so you're alignment isn't fubar'd
    3. disassemble strut (use spring compressors)
    4. discard old bearings and mounts
    5. reassemble with new bearings/mounts in reverse order of disassembly
    6. reinstall struts into car, align scribe markings on strut housing/spindle
    7.reinstall tires, lower car from jack stands and enjoy

its a really easy job, spring compressors can be rented from partsource or crappy tire
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Hey guys,
    Ive got an MK4 Golf 2006 and recently was given a brand new pair of PIAA fog/driving lights (plasma white i believe) and am trying to find a way and place to house them. I've got the wiring all done and it works fine, i just have no sweet clue as to where to put them. anyone done this before?
    2003 Subaru Outback

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    If your car doesn't have the fog option, which sounds like it does not, you will need either, new housing with fog light option (a), or micro DEs (b). You will also need a new switch with the fog option, i.e. Euro switch (c).

(a)

(b)

(c)

Good luck!
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Hey I have a 91 Passat with a 92 Jetta td swap in it. It runs fine for 30-40 km of driving then starts stumbling. What should I start with?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information