+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Question and Answer Thread for DIY's

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar

Question and Answer Thread for DIY's

as per rquest...this will not be locked. Please keep to the topic of DIY questions and answers.
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar

Lava_A3 DIY Single Din to Double Din Conversion

Well i post up the latest one just because i have it on hand.

Quote Originally Posted by SnaKe0001
    Hi, im new here!

I saw your DIY (DIY:Single to Double Din Conversion for Audi A3 )

Link: http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3D2%26hl%3Dfr

Well done but I have some questions for you :-D.

1- Do I need absolutly to buy (Blanks (non-functional buttons)
    & ESP Switch? Why I can't take the old one?

2- For the Hazard Switch, it will fit but does not match dash contour?? Do you have some pictures of the new Hazard Switch?
    Also, do you have the part number of it :-P

Thank you so much Lava_A3! :-D

P.S: Sorry for my english lol

Marc

Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3
    You can see my answers is RED below, let me know if you have other questions

Hi, im new here!

I saw your DIY (DIY:Single to Double Din Conversion for Audi A3 )

Link: http://images.google.ca/imgres?imgur...%3D2%26hl%3Dfr

Well done but I have some questions for you :-D.

Thanks

1- Do I need absolutly to buy (Blanks (non-functional buttons)
    & ESP Switch? Why I can't take the old one?

When you relocate the row of buttons from the above to below the HU, the physical size and shape of all the buttons change, thus they will no longer fit, nor click in what so ever.

2- For the Hazard Switch, it will fit but does not match dash contour?? Do you have some pictures of the new Hazard Switch?
    Also, do you have the part number of it :-P

When the hazard button is above the HU in the single DIN configuration, the button has more of a roundish contour, to match the top edge of the dash. When you move it to below, in the Double DIN configuration it more square, straight line. however it will fit and function it just doesnt match the same shape as the trim piece. so for a picky person like myself it doesnt look right. the average person will never know. That being said i never did buy the proper one, i put the car back together and it inst really noticeable and the hazard switch is like 40 bucks so it still shitting on the tings to do list, just never got around to it! i never had the thread updated with the part number , i can get it for you just have to do some looking.

Thank you so much Lava_A3! :-D

P.S: Sorry for my english lol

No problem man, glad i could help, and your english is more then fine, mine is probably worse

Lava

Marc

Perfect Lava, thank you for your prompt response !

Ok so, can you give me the part number for the hazard please !

\---I haVe to buy---/

-Center trim PART NO: 8P0 863 321 C 6PS
    -Card Shelf (for the light) PART NO: 8P0 941 561 E 5PR
    -Blanks (non-functional buttons)
    LEFT: 8P0 941 515 C 5PR
    RIGHT: 8P0 941 516 C 5PR

-ESP Switch PART NO: 8P0 927 134 C 5PR
    -Hazard Switch PART NO ( Waiting for )

Tell me if all its perfect

Thx Lava_A3

Marc
    As for your parts lists your missing the double din cage, which goes behind the dash and supports everything, also if your car has a passenger air bag light you will need one of those, instead of the right blank button. you need everything i posted, to complete the job.

Parts
    1.) Pair of Radio Keys

2.) Double-DIN cage
    PART NO: 8P0 858 005 A
    RETAIL: $115.77

3.)Blanks (non-functional buttons)
    PART NOS:
    LEFT: 8P0 941 515 C 5PR
    RIGHT: 8P0 941 516 C 5PR
    RETAIL: $9.17 EACH

4.)ESP Switch:
    PART NO: 8P0 927 134 C 5PR
    RETAIL:$36.60

5.) Card Shelf:
    PART NO: 8P0 941 561 E 5PR
    RETAIL:$91.42

6.)Center trim (Goes around switches ):
    PART NO: 8P0 863 321 C 6PS
    RETAIL: $48.75

7.) Hazard Switch (The single din one will work and fit, But does not match dash contour)

8.) Passenger Airbag light right blank, if your vehicle is so equipped with one
    Passenger Airbag Warning Light for double-DIN
    PART NO: 8P0 919 234 A 5PR

Sorry man i cant find the part number for the hazard switch just go to your dealer counter
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

All its ok now!

Just need the Hazard parts number! I'll check on my Audi Dealer!

Thx a lot Lava_A3 for your help! Very happy!

Marc

Hazard button 8P0 941 509 A

Thx

Marc

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I think it's going to be better if we unlock all of the DIY's thread so that questions can be posted, therefore we don't have to refer to this thread for questions and you can just look at the original thread.

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    I think it's going to be better if we unlock all of the DIY's thread so that questions can be posted, therefore we don't have to refer to this thread for questions and you can just look at the original thread.
    This is the only forum I know where the DIY threads are locked.

I vote open them up
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    The only issue I see with DIY being opened is off-topic posts. Having said that I think they should be opened and we'll keep them clean.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rictuga View Post
    The only issue I see with DIY being opened is off-topic posts. Having said that I think they should be opened and we'll keep them clean.
    Super MOD, your Super LAZY
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    I agree

This is the only forum i know of where they are locked. in the end its up to you but this thread is better then the nothing we had before, and hopefully cuts down the repeating PMs. Ultimately IMHO unlock the threads is the way to go
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Yah,

I always thought them being locked was not a good idea. They just need to be more strictly moderated then other threads.

Why dont you get another Mod who is actively on the site to help carry the additional load, as well??
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    ready

Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    ....back when I was hardcore

^^^fucker
    Last edited by Lava_A3; 12-30-2008 at 01:06 AM. Reason: Soundwave made me :(
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    no fun if you do it to yourself

better?

OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

im saving it for a something special

im sure you dont hae to wait to long, i should get pissed at something before 2009
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

New Member pbrasil_05Jetta is on a distinguished road
    Hey...I'm going to be installing HID's in my 05 Jetta next week, and I heard there is a way to turn of the daytime headlights without completly cutting the wire..can someone give me some info on that plz??

Senior Member TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub has a spectacular aura about TurboDub's Avatar
    I don't know how it is in MkV but in MkIV, you bend one of the pins in the headlight switch.
    2002 VW Jetta 1.8T

Laughter is the best medicine, but if you have inside jokes with yourself, you've gone too far.

VAG Com, dont know the exact steps but basic your just changing the lighting setting to a different country code where they dont have DRLs
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Veteran Member brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435's Avatar
    or just buy a euro switch?
    Likesgehenntodenrepairshoppenalot... or jetta for short

*Links not permitted for new users*

*Links not permitted for new users*

Senior Member ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI is a splendid one to behold ABAGTI's Avatar
    got to have 20 posts
    1997 GTI 2.slow

I"m willing to bet that is a bot

and this thread is dead.. im gonna unlock all those DIY threads.

Junior Member DreDay is on a distinguished road DreDay's Avatar
    Planing on installing B&G springs in my MK3, wanted to know if I need to cut the bump stops and if so by how much?

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    no you can just swap them over. Only springs though? no new struts?
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Junior Member DreDay is on a distinguished road DreDay's Avatar
    The guy I bought it from put it some new struts, if that counts lol.

I'm going to put some in next summer for sure.

I ran my civic with eibach springs and stock struts and the car rode fine, so I figure a couple months with stock struts won't hurt!!!

Junior Member GolfCP is on a distinguished road
    I have a 99 Golf. The grill is broken, how do I replace it... Also, I need to replace the rocker strips along the side of the car on the doors.

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    GolfCP First, do you have a early 99 (mk3 chasis) or a late 99 (Mk4 chasis) that will change grill removal, and when you say rocker strips on the door are you refering to the rub strips that run mid door, or the rocker guards down at the bottom.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information