+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Issues with the A3

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar

Issues with the A3

Had some real problems with the A3 this morning. Left for
    work ( or tried to anyway ) at 6AM this morning when it was like -18.
    Car started but sounded horrible and was shuddering, though was maybe
    just a rough idle and would smooth out with a little gas but only got
    worse, car was almost stalling and sounded like it was going to stall.
    Also the ESP, and EPC lights were on. Tried turning off and on a
    couple of times but same thing. Then tried to drive down the road and
    had same lights plus the MIL light on and car was in total LIMP MODE.
    Couldnt boost or even get the RPM's to come up. Stopped and
    re-started again and EPC light turned off but MIL and ESP lights still
    on, pressed the ESP button but no change. Car was out of Limp Mode
    now and reving/boosting normally.

Was able to drive to work, but had no Traction Control ( ESP ) and you
    could feel/hear the tires slip at times. When I got to work I shut
    off and re-started, now the ESP light has turned off, ( and turns
    on/off with switch ) but still have the MIL on my dash.

As for the rough idle, I have NOT had the dealer re-flash done about
    the intake flap on startups due to my chip, not sure if that would have anything to do with it.

Just hoping I can make it hope from work fine tonight. I have the car
    in the heated bay at work right now thawing out and hopefully melting
    any snow/ice out of wherever it got jammed into last night. The roads
    around my house hadnt been plowed AT ALL and had snow up much higher
    than the bottom of my car and was a pain of a drive to just move
    through it at all. Looking at the car this morning there was all kinds of snow in the wheelwells and the bottom of the rad/lower engine bay.

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Maf Sensorrrrrr or O2 FTL
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    ya I dunno, I gotta find someone with a VAG COM for the MkV. Dealers been a PITA lately for scans

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Don't you have warranty? It could be faulty coils.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN's Avatar
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Get the newest OY update, that might help. When my intake flap motor went, I could barley drive. Flashing MIL, but no EPC light.

This most recent EPC and ESP lights for me was a new ECU But I couldnt start my car; dont think thats your problem.
    :Þ(|)

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Sounds like a coil, or could be an intake issue.

But could also be a much more serious problem with the Cam follower and fuel pump.

I would bring it to the dealer, all of the above problem are pretty wide spread in the MKV platform, not sure why your just bringing it by for scan, instead of just leaving it with them to fix
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    CAI (if you have one) might be frozen...clogged with snow/ice.

My ASR and ABS lights came on last week and I had no traction control. When I scanned I got this:

ABS Wheel Speed Sensor; Rear Right (G44) - 012 - Electrical Fault in Circuit

The next day lights went out and traction control came back. My guess is it was all iced in there causing a connection problem.

Same thing happened again this morning...makes sense because i was plowing around all day long yesterday...must have tons of snow/ice lodged in every nook and cranny.
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

ESP light I think was just snow and ice in the brakes etc. which the ESP is tied into the ABS system cause it seemed to clear up after the drive in.

I have a CAI but it dosnt drop right down and would not have snow/ice/frozen.

I'm thinking that its the intake flapper deal the was supposed to be fixed with the OEM software update. I just never got it cause I'd lose my chip and well, the company aint around anymore... but we won't go there.

Reason I just wanted a scan first rather than taking to a dealer is recently they have been taking the stand of "it has been found to be a problem that would have been corrected by the flash you refused, so now you've just wasted our time so we are going to charge you the diagnostic fee for our tech"

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    I would rather loose my ECU program than have my car running shitty and getting into frequent problems that could lead to bigger ones.

Since Tech9 cannot be reached....you might as well swallow a 400 dollar cost and get your car fixed proper and then get a APR or Revo setup or even Unitronic. Its the winter time, and I am sure you won't be needing the extra power so you could recoup the cost within 6mths or so.

That will likely be the case, I'd like to get the car scaned first if I can to see what it is, but if not I'm going to take it to the dealer on Mon and if it is related to that I'll have the re-flash done and lose my program. As to whether I re-flash or not I'd decide in the spring. Car is also slated to have the PCV valve replaced under recall so I'd get both done.

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    should have bought a Jetta
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

Well all issues seemed to had cleared up and all lights have gone away. Just need to get a scan now, talked to a VW/Service tech last night and he thinks it was just an intermitent MAF or O2 sensor reading.

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by EMSbyDay View Post
    Well all issues seemed to had cleared up and all lights have gone away. Just need to get a scan now, talked to a VW/Service tech last night and he thinks it was just an intermitent MAF or O2 sensor reading.
    The only issue is.... ....Its not an A4

I called it, the damn MAF and or O2's.

These cars are all the same.

I'd really consider checking out the aftermarket cone filter if you have one. It could be wet/frozen.

I invested in a K&N Pre-Charger. It's a nylon mesh bag thats silicone treated. Won't leak water but will breathe air. It's a perfect match with an AEM dryflow air filter. No more need for oily filters and bummed MAF's.
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

hmmm, I'll have to look into that bag, thanks.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information