+ Reply to Thread

Thread: WTB: B5 A4/S4 Steering Spindle/knuckle

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar

WTB: B5 A4/S4 Steering Spindle/knuckle

WTB Item: Front Passenger Aluminum Steering Spindle/knuckle

Description: Looking for a Steering Spindle/knuckle. The part that all the other links connect to. Has to be the aluminum one for a 2000 S4 (I'm sure any B5 A4 component works) If you know where I can get one, please let me know.

B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub is just really nice KtownDub's Avatar
    You curbed it didn't ya ?
    PAST- 85 VW Cabriolet- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 93 VW Passat VR6- 85 VW GTI- 93 VW Golf ABA- 90 Audi Coupe Quattro- 92 VW GTi 16v- 92 VW Golf 1.6TD- 1980 VW Rabbit- 86 Audi 5000CDQ- 90 VW Corrado- 91 VW Passat Wagon 16v- 93 VW Passat VR6- 87 Audi 4000TQ- 86 Audi 4000SQ- 86 VW Jetta TD- 89 Audi 90Q- 91 Jetta GTX- 92 VW Golf TD
    PRESENT- 84 GLI

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by KtownDub View Post
    You curbed it didn't ya ?
    nah, I fubared my bosses a while back, I put one in from a 2003 A6, lol Works but he says its making noise. We eyeballed the dimensions. I think the bearing is different.
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Not positive, but I think the base A4 has entirely different suspension(knuckle/spindle included)..

I do know that the A4 S line and S4 have identical suspension though.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Not positive, but I think the base A4 has entirely different suspension(knuckle/spindle included)..

I do know that the A4 S line and S4 have identical suspension though.
    DId you know the A6 shares teh same as the S4
    Aslong as its a V6 A4 or A6 or S4, it shares the same subframe. Hence whole front end i.e. engine bay is the same for subframe and suspension and strut towers.

boo yah
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    ^^ I'm not so sure that a base V6 A4 has the same suspension as the S4... And I know for sure that you could get the 1.8T A4's with the S-line package which gave full S4 suspension.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    ^^ I'm not so sure that a base V6 A4 has the same suspension as the S4... And I know for sure that you could get the 1.8T A4's with the S-line package which gave full S4 suspension.
    It depends on when they did the switch over from steel to aluminum.

I think I'm going to replace the bearing in the car and thats it. The geometery looked good on the A6 one I put in there.
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information