+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Exhaust question

Senior Member Vario is on a distinguished road

Exhaust question

I've noticed from a few mags (Eurotuner) have mentioned that a number of vw used Supersprint as their choice of exhaust. In the last Eurotuner alone, 3 of them had the supersprint cat back system.

Why do you think these big name tuners decided to use supersprint as oppose to Remus, Magnaflow, or even techtonics... or any other systems.

Just curious. I haven't seen any dyno's except for TT.
    A.

2003 GTI VR6 - Black and bone stock

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    Because of quality and sound. I'm sure the performance is there too.
    I like STUFF

Junior Member 8Valve is on a distinguished road
    Thats funny cuz when Eurocar did a compro on all the exhaust systemon a Jetta 1.8T not only was Autotechs system the quietest but it also yeilded the most gains hp & torque wise..

I've dealt with them before (small shit) and so far I'd have to say I'm very happy with their products/service. They even told me how to refurbish/clean the locks in my car...LMFAO

Supersprint is a pretty popular company too...

Which issue of Eurocar was is it in?

Edit:

Ok never mind... I found it Wonder if the the vr6 would be similar in the testings.
    A.

Junior Member 97vdubglx is on a distinguished road
    I'm guessing it's because Supersprint is European.. and techtonics isn't..

Senior Member SMOKN337 is infamous around these parts SMOKN337 is infamous around these parts
    At this point, I would be putting on the Techtonics exhaust simply because they make a 337/20thAE specific exhaust, with a slightly larger round tip on the muffler. Other than that, I don't think you can go wrong with anybody that is a major exhaust manufacturer.

BTW the European Car article is a little old now and I'm sure some of the companies that didn't do so well have improved things by now. However, a good article none-the-less.
    '04 TDI Jetta Wagon GLX, '09 Routan

I guess i can use that same information to choose the top 3 and choose one for my car.
    A.

Junior Member Cashie is on a distinguished road
    I like the sound of Magnaflow. I had a set of duals on my old 89 Cavalier and they sounded very nice. I was thinking of getting the cat-back exhaust system from Magnaflow for my GTI. I've never even heard of Super Sprint
    Ca$hmo

Just for reference here's the article for the 1.8T that these were tested on... and I irriterate smokn337 point, these are old data, so each company may have improved themselves a bit.

http://www.europeancarweb.com/tech/0111ec_exhaust/

this'll give you an idea
    A.

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashie
    I like the sound of Magnaflow. I had a set of duals on my old 89 Cavalier and they sounded very nice. I was thinking of getting the cat-back exhaust system from Magnaflow for my GTI. I've never even heard of Super Sprint
    You wanna hear a Magnaflow on a MKIII VR6.....here you go

http://www.kuiack.net/Files/GenDUB/U..._Magnaflow.WMV
    12V

Junior Member 97vdubglx is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by Kooz
    Quote Originally Posted by Cashie
    You wanna hear a Magnaflow on a MKIII VR6.....here you go

http://www.kuiack.net/Files/GenDUB/U..._Magnaflow.WMV

oh man. that sounds sweet.. i was kinda hesitant with my new setup now. everyone was saying shoulda went with magnaflow. now i know why.. but i'm starting to love my TT 2.5 w/ borla.. very deep and distinct sound.

i have a clip.. but dont know where to host it.

Veteran Member Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz has a reputation beyond repute Kooz's Avatar
    Could you email it to me?
    12V

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    Yeah.... email it to me too. I wanna hear that Borla. I need to go to a bigger exhaust and that's what I'm looking at.
    I like STUFF

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    exhauts are over rated. Just chop it off and call it a day
    24v

et moi aussi

i'd also like it e-mailed to me =)

kraithicus@hotmail.com

Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    Here's what my Brullen sounds like.. (3 inch)

http://www.hscanlan.com/new/brullen/...boback_mix.mp3
    3 inch? That's what he said?
    12V

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    This thread is 11 years old!
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information