+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: New City Golf, time to start modding.

Senior Member Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Gaspiii View Post
    I'm kinda going through the same thing... I have an 08' black city golf! I painted the brakes red and i got some nice tints... I'm still looking for some nice rims and I'm definitely lower the car as soon as I get them... But I really wanna change my tail lights either for the Brazilian gti darker ones or if there's anything else than that...
    Buy my rims!

http://forums.generationdub.com/showthread.php?t=30375
    2005 GLI 1.8T|Foreign Automotive 519-894-9551| http://www.foreignautomotive.ca
    -----------------------------------------------
    Follow on: Facebook

New Member GolfGLSGirl is on a distinguished road
    I'll send you a private message with another option of wheels too! Once I have "priviledge" to start threads lol

New Member dubz89matt is infamous around these parts dubz89matt is infamous around these parts dubz89matt's Avatar
    anyone found fog lights for the city? im interested but havn't come across any yet.

and what about exhaust. im thinking like two 3" pipes, just the tips not the whole cat. with 115hp i dont see it worth it.

K&N

is it a smart thing adding a K&N intake? cause i heard it doesnt void your manufacturer's warranty.. I don't know if that's true but besides that what other mod can I do to pwer up the engine without actually voiding the warranty??

Veteran Member Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops has a reputation beyond repute Chops's Avatar
    is it a smart thing adding a K&N intake? cause i heard it doesnt void your manufacturer's warranty.. I don't know if that's true but besides that what other mod can I do to pwer up the engine without actually voiding the warranty??
    not sure about voiding the warranty, but do not use alot of oil on the filter as it is known to quickly decrease the life of the MAF sensors!

cool i'll keep that in mind, thanks!
    ooh and here's the deal... I got pissed off that there's no light in my trunk/cargo area so i went ahead and bought some led bulbs to put them in... the hard part is the on/off part... I didnt want to make it like a switch cause its just gay and annoying.. so i was trying to figure out an automatic way and it just hit me that if the previous mk4 had a trunk light... cant i just plug my wires wherever they're plugged in the mk4? cause they are both the same car underneath no??
    It's just a thought so feel free if you see something wrong in my idea!Same thing for the glove compartment no? but i also have to find out where the trunk and glove box wires go to in the mk4.....
    any help or ideas would be nice! thanks

New Member Dwn Dak has a spectacular aura about Dwn Dak has a spectacular aura about
    Nothing should "technically" void the warranty. The whole issue with that is say the motor blows up, and you put on a cold air intake say and it was proven the motor ran out of oil, because the pump was faulty. They can't void your warranty because you installed a CAI and make you pay for the motor. As long as your mods aren't the direct cause of the failure, it won't void warranty. Now if you put a supercharger or turbo on your motor that can N/A... motor repair likely won't be covered. Know what I mean.

Bolting a set of wheels on your car won't void your transmission warranty for example, unless your wheels were soooo far off in the O/D that it caused some sort of over rev or speed issues in the tranny, but that would still be a far stretch.

New Member Dwn Dak has a spectacular aura about Dwn Dak has a spectacular aura about
    Can anyone varify the part numbers for the front marker lights are the same for the mk4's? I really want some clear ones to blend into the white bumper cover....

Fog Lights

Im wondering if anyone knows of any websites in brazil or mexico where i can order the fog lights for the city golfs to canada?

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    I know I havn't seen any. There were some people when this version of the city golf came out that tried to order the Brazilian headlights from S. America and no go.

Member hotrod198 has a spectacular aura about hotrod198 has a spectacular aura about hotrod198's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Dwn Dak View Post
    Can anyone varify the part numbers for the front marker lights are the same for the mk4's? I really want some clear ones to blend into the white bumper cover....
    The new City Golf's marker lights are different than the MK4's. No aftermarkets available. Just gonna tint mine once the tint spray I ordered comes in.

New Member dubz89matt is infamous around these parts dubz89matt is infamous around these parts dubz89matt's Avatar
    it seems like paint is the easiest and only thing to do right now for side markers

Member hotrod198 has a spectacular aura about hotrod198 has a spectacular aura about hotrod198's Avatar
    I tinted my side bumper markers on my 08 City Golf. Found a lens tint spray that works awesome!!! I've had lots of people tell me before to use VHT Night-Shades, but this product is complete FuK!n garbage $hite!!!! It has a purple hue like old school window tint. And I've had all these people tell me that they have not noticed a purple tint to them saying that you have to make sure you prime the surface right, but really this has nothing to do with it. They are just color blind!!! One quick spray across a piece of white paper with this $hitty product shows nothing but purple. I found an awesome product called lenspainter on Ebay that works. Looks amazing and it's cheap!!! A true smoke dark spray. Gonna do my mirror signals next with it.

hey guys is it possible for some of you that have done nice mods on ur city golf to post a couple of pictures showing them.. id like to see how it looks smoking the tailights, side bumper markers and other stuff! thanks a lot!

New Member caboose08 is on a distinguished road caboose08's Avatar
    someone cracked my bumper

hey all who here has actualy modded any city golfs with the 08 front end?

New Member mgrundle is on a distinguished road mgrundle's Avatar
    Hey I have a 09 with 17 inch rims and a injen cold air intake. I plan on doing an exhaust and lowering kit or cup kit

New Member mgrundle is on a distinguished road mgrundle's Avatar
    They I was just wondering if any one has swapped out the stock exhaust from a city golf to a magnaflow exhaust kit or a neuspeed kit.
    I just want to know if it will be a direct fit or if ill have to do a little work or modding to make it fit on.
    The mangaflow kit is for a 2001 mk4 golf that has the same 2.0L 8v engine.

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    yup it will fit. chassis and engine are exact same.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

ive completed a few more things on my black 08 city.
    H&R lowering springs w/ Bilstein struts (good 2" lower)
    went with 18" machined gti huffs w/ spacers. i like it (snows on stocks right now)
    resonator delete
    black front side markers (easiest paint mod, looks prime)
    interior alpine stereo w/ ipod and sub
    interior blue floor neon

still hoping for fog lights, and interior xeon dome lighting

Hey, I was googling parts for the 08 city golf & it brought me here.

You guys got some sweet rides!

I just realized today that somebody smashed my driver side tail light & was looking to replace w/ aftermarket smoked ones.

Just curious if anybody knows any companies that sell them.

I'm located in Toronto, On.

Veteran Member pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga's Avatar
    Welcome to GenDub!

Sorry to hear that someone smashed your taillight, I would pissed if that happened to me! Go talk to Miro at Euroline, he will be able to help you!

Here is the link to his website
    http://www.eurolineperformance.com/
    01 Golf 4dr 1.8T
    04 Passat Wagon

Thanks a lot man.
    I called vw they want 360 just for the outer light.. fucking insane prices.

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Ya it sucks. Unfortunately I haven't seen any aftermarket lights. If you just need one you could try searching wreckers, or used FS: ads. Then if you want them smoked you could just coat them with nightshade or something similar.

New Member cntower911 is on a distinguished road
    Hey All! I'm new to the forum. I have a 2008 City Golf with a cracked front bumper. I've tried searching for any info on after market front kits but haven't had any luck. Has anyone found a body kit or front bumper kit that will fit on the 2008 City Golf? Thanks for the help!

Veteran Member Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber has a reputation beyond repute Punjabi_Dubber's Avatar
    ^don't think anything exists because it was a small market car. I think only Canada and South America had it.
    bankrupt.
    SymproCNC.com im for all your machining needs (spacers, center cap spikes etc)

New Member cntower911 is on a distinguished road
    Thanks! The more and more I research, the more I look like I'm SOL!

Junior Member jmhdub is on a distinguished road jmhdub's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post

i know it's been a while, but i just bought my 08 golf city, how can i do this eyebrow type thing? is it a new hood? it looks stunning!!!

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    Its shopped, for that you'd need a new hood and fenders (if im not mistaken). and the grill if its part of the bumper.
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread Information