+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Waterfest 14 - Official GenerationDub.com Information

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar

Waterfest 14 - Official GenerationDub.com Information

Well... here we are again. It has come time once again for the annual GenerationDUB.com Cruise to Waterfest in New Jersey. For those who have been before you know this is an event not to be missed. For those who have never been you dont want to miss out again.

Waterfest
    is held over 2 days ( July 19 - 20 ) with the Official GenDUB cruise takeing place the day before on Friday July 18th. The official Launch will once again take place at JRP in Mississauga and will follow a route designed in house. This year we will be skipping the "DIRT ROAD" tour. Food and fuel stops have been worked into the route so there should be no worry of finding gas along the way. Maps of the route will be handed out to drivers at the meeting point the morning of the cruise.

NOTE: To beat traffic and ensure we arrive at our destination in a timely manner we will be LEAVING at 6:30am.We understand that there are people coming from a distance but to accomodate the full cruise plans we must leave at this time.

GenerationDUB has once again teamed up with Performance Auto and Sound Magazine
    for this event. The guys at PASMAG through their numerous contacts have made arrangements for some great giveaways and promotions for those who attend.

Arrangements are being made for a group rate at a great Hotel, and information regarding this will be updated shortly.

GenerationDUB and Performance Auto and Sound would like to invite everyone to join us this year, and wish everyone a SAFE and enjoyable trip. With that said, Law Breakers and trouble makers are not welcome and will not be tolerated. This is a long trip with alot of cars whos owners have put alot of time and love into, people who wish to act like idiots driving should find another group to drive with. Please also remember that you are crossing an international border and are subject to any questioning/search that goes along with it.
    Feel free to ask any questions, we will do our best to answer them for you.

Below is some further information on what you should bring with you:

Vehicle Inspection Checklist
    --------------------------------
    - Full Tank of Gas
    - Spare Tire that is inflated and in good condition
    - Jack, and Lug wrench
    - Check tires, including spare, for low pressure, uneven wear, and bulges
    - Check brakes and brake fluid level
    - Check CV boot for rips. (Turn wheel all the way to one side and inspect)
    - If near a oil change interval, change your Oil ( this is a loong trip )
    - Coolent topped up
    - Check Transmission oil level if possible
    - Washer fluid topped up
    - Wiper blades in good condition
    - All lights work (headlight high/low, hazard, reverse, turn, brake)
    - Overall Functionality of your vehicle.
    - Your Body kit / Bumpers are secure

Items you should bring

- * Passport / Citizenship / Birth Certificate / Driver’s License
    - * Cell Phone
    - * FRS Two Way Radio
    - * At least $50USD because not every place takes credit cards.
    - * At least $10USD in change for tolls
    - Blankets / Sleeping Bags
    - Water, Drinks or Snacks
    - Emergency Tire Inflation Kit
    - Spare 500ml bottle of DOT4 brake fluid in the trunk
    - Spare 1L bottle of oil in the trunk
    - Spare 1L bottle of Coolent in the trunk
    - Cloths and Toiletries.
    - Extra Fuses
    - Jumper Cables
    - Spare Keys
    - Spare ECU
    - Spare Spark Plugs
    - Lug Nut Key

* - Strongly Recommended.

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    Any news about hotels? Like Harry said, please dont fool around and speed while down there. Cops are looking for speeders because they know we cant fight tickets and they will show no remorse if you are cought.

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Arrangements are being made for a group rate at a great Hotel, and information regarding this will be updated shortly.

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    for the 1.8T guys..bring spare coil packs
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Veteran Member stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble's Avatar
    very good notice Harry !!

I'm in for this one !

Don't forget your health Card people !!!
    1998 GTI VR6
    I got vendettas in dice games against ass betters, and niggaz who pump wheels and drive Jettas.-Jay-Z/Reasonable Doubt
    I gotta thing for them big body Benzes, it dulls my senses, In love with a V-Dub engine.Jay-Z/The Black Album

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by stealth bubble View Post
    very good notice Harry !!

I'm in for this one !

Don't forget to buy travel insurance !!!
    fixed it for you

health card is good for nothing in the states
    24v

Veteran Member biggyk is on a distinguished road biggyk's Avatar
    Defiantly coming this year. Bubble, still might have to take you up on the passenger seat.
    07 Jetta 2.5 Camp White

Veteran Member stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble's Avatar
    hey brother ...whatever's clever......

my boy may roll with us...if not, it'll be us two all the way down.

as long as you don't mind it getting "smokey" in the car...
    1998 GTI VR6
    I got vendettas in dice games against ass betters, and niggaz who pump wheels and drive Jettas.-Jay-Z/Reasonable Doubt
    I gotta thing for them big body Benzes, it dulls my senses, In love with a V-Dub engine.Jay-Z/The Black Album

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    ^^^^ cigarettes of course, right? Because crossing the border withanything else would be just stupid.
    Last edited by EMSbyDay; 04-18-2008 at 03:41 PM.

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    have to agree with you on that Kev.......

dont fuck things up for everyone else trying to cross behind you!!
    vwarmy

don't be paranoid, i would never do something that dumb.
    1998 GTI VR6

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Hopefully things change around for me and I can make it down... but it's not looking to good. I'll prolly be going to H20i if anything.
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member Sammi_S has a spectacular aura about Sammi_S has a spectacular aura about Sammi_S's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubvento View Post
    Hopefully things change around for me and I can make it down... but it's not looking to good. I'll prolly be going to H20i if anything.
    YES ONE LESS MK3 at WF14 LOL !

j/k jamal dont go buck !

but dude u should come ! ...
    -2009 Audi A3 FWD/DSG

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    thread cleaned up, please stay on topic

Veteran Member vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti's Avatar
    I should be going to this. Depends on my cars state. Anything can happen until then, but I should have it all safe and secure by then to make the long trip. On the last waterfest cruise video I saw that no mk2's were there for the cruise down.
    Look forward to it!
    Their are plenty of Honda girls....but VW girls now that's a rare sight of beauty. That's what they call VWBeauti. <3

mmmmm, we HAVE had MkII's not sure if every year though

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    I recommend everyone have their own road map (or directions from mapquest or whatever) incase you get seperated from the group.
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

Veteran Member PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub's Avatar
    Ill have my trusty GPS with me
    - Julian -

2001 Jolf
    1981 Rabbit

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Keep this on topic please. This thread is for Waterfest 14.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Waterfest 14 will be fun. Where are we staying??

being worked on

Veteran Member Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga's Avatar
    Awesome should be there!

Veteran Member vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti is a name known to all vwbeauti's Avatar
    So are we pitching tents on the grounds or motels?
    Their are plenty of Honda girls....but VW girls now that's a rare sight of beauty. That's what they call VWBeauti. <3

^^you just love setting yourself up on the jokes do'nt you ?!!
    1998 GTI VR6

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    fixed it for you

health card is good for nothing in the states
    actually...they will cover you for emergency situations since u are on vacation. However they will only cover the expenses that will equal the services rendered if you were in Canada. Anyone who has a Gold or Platinum credit card already has insurance built into it..so u could use that.

U will get a bill from the US and u would just make a claim with any MOH offices and they will reimburse the US HMOs etc..

You can go to a travel center and pay $10 to cover you if you have to go into the hospital.

^^^^^ much better option, if you dont have out of country private coverage, just go to CAA or similar and pay $10 for full coverage.

Veteran Member PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub's Avatar
    ya its good piece of mind for a trip like this i guess.
    - Julian -

2001 Jolf
    1981 Rabbit

Veteran Member Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga has much to be proud of Wedzinga's Avatar
    Just reeegisssteeered!!!! Looks like I am staying an extra night!

Grant...I'll be doing the same again this year!!!
    vwarmy

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information