Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Automatic to Standard tranny swap...

Veteran Member justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future
    ...lets just say Im rackin some km's.....Im finding every excuse to go out for a drive now.....

and for some reason, driving stick just extended my personal circle of space of driving. More in-tuned with the car?.When driving auto my circle of space felt larger....hence making the car feel larger than what it is. Driving stick made the car feel more closer and comfortable. Does that make any sense?....
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 Unitronic Dealer

Veteran Member brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435 is a glorious beacon of light brendan_435's Avatar
    yeah man. you just feel more of a part of the car. honestly, the only time i would ever buy an auto is if i was in stop and go all day or i needed a minivan(i gag at the thought)
    other than that. standard ftw
    Likesgehenntodenrepairshoppenalot... or jetta for short

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    there is a mkiv 2.0 tranny up for sale...in the classifieds
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Veteran Member justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future justboj has a brilliant future
    This one right Paul?
    http://forums.generationdub.com/showthread.php?t=29094

Its a good buy. Especially with the VR clutch and G60 flywheel.

Junior Member Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of Discomonkey has much to be proud of
    any chance you guys are still kickin' around this thread?

jettaboj... i'm looking to do exactly what you did for your car... only with a 2.0 Jetta. my 01M tranny is shot and the cost of replacing it doesn't make sense since i can just do a tranny swap for a 5spd.

can you let me know who did it for you and how much it cost?

Quote Originally Posted by Discomonkey View Post
    any chance you guys are still kickin' around this thread?

jettaboj... i'm looking to do exactly what you did for your car... only with a 2.0 Jetta. my 01M tranny is shot and the cost of replacing it doesn't make sense since i can just do a tranny swap for a 5spd.

can you let me know who did it for you and how much it cost?
    Please see below on my posts, the number for Foreign Automotive, and call them. Also check PM reply. ...Im also a 2Slow...for now anyway.

Thanks...

Last edited by justboj; 09-29-2009 at 03:47 PM.

Hey DocDisco! Nice meeting you today..GL with the work. See ya soon.

New Member Tcrock is on a distinguished road
    Hi there. I'm in need of a swap. 2002 Jetta TDI. Asheville, NC. Know anyone in the area or do I need to make a road trip?

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    Stop bumping up old threads.

Starting your own will probably net you better results.
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Closed Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information