+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Mk4 1.8t guys...

Veteran Member Duncan is infamous around these parts Duncan is infamous around these parts Duncan's Avatar

Mk4 1.8t guys...

Not sure if you've seen this or not...or if it is in any way helpful..

http://www.42draftdesigns.com/catego...04downpipe.htm
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post
    meh, i rather save the gas over the few times i really could use the quattro

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    welcome to 6 years ago

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    be nice philly!!
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Veteran Member Duncan is infamous around these parts Duncan is infamous around these parts Duncan's Avatar
    eh...

if you look at the homepage, it's listed above a late 2007 update.

So, either:

A) their webdev should be put on notice

or

B) it's a new product from this company.

Either way, I care not for your lousy 1.8t

Veteran Member pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga's Avatar
    It's a new product from 42dd, they just posted about it on vortex last week. Either way though with the money spent on doing the ko4-20 you can go big turbo for a little more money.
    01 Golf 4dr 1.8T
    04 Passat Wagon

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    ^^^ EXACTLY!!

Quote Originally Posted by spettaa View Post
    be nice philly!!
    I am being nice...
    now I'll be factual.

Why in the F*$@#K would 42DD market this kit NOW... I mean... the first upgrades from the k03 and k03s's were more than likely a k04.. so a downpipe for a different turbo isn't anything new. And big turbo 1.8t guys generally are going bigger than a k04.

Considering the fact if anyone is considering a new downpipe, they've already considered a new turbo... which means new manifold. (not always, but depending on the flange...)

so... if you've gone so far as to consider replacement/upgrade on one piece that's for a different turbo... why not change manifolds, downpipe and turbo and go big turbo kit.

I bet they bought/had plans kicking around to make this downpipe on the cheap...

lol

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    1.8T is over rated...
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

yup... VR's are where it's at

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BellCityDubber View Post
    I guess...
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by GarbatyA4 View Post
    1.8T is over rated...
    Quote Originally Posted by BellCityDubber View Post
    for real
    1998 GTI VR6
    I got vendettas in dice games against ass betters, and niggaz who pump wheels and drive Jettas.-Jay-Z/Reasonable Doubt
    I gotta thing for them big body Benzes, it dulls my senses, In love with a V-Dub engine.Jay-Z/The Black Album

Quote Originally Posted by GarbatyA4 View Post
    I guess...
    for real

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    K04 is only good if you are doing a replacement of stock turbo and you want the reliability for a daily driver.

Quote Originally Posted by VWJettaMK2 View Post
    K04 is only good if you are doing a replacement of stock turbo and you want the reliability for a daily driver.
    YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY CORRECT!
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga is a splendid one to behold pfhettinga's Avatar
    If you stick with APR's kits you can have a big turbo and a reliable daily.

To clarify this is for the bigger ko4-020, not the Ko4-001 which just bolts on the stock manifold. With the Ko4-020 you need a new manifold thats off the 225hp TT, and if your gonna go throw all that work you might as well go big or go home!
    01 Golf 4dr 1.8T
    04 Passat Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by pfhettinga View Post
    If you stick with APR's kits you can have a big turbo and a reliable daily.

To clarify this is for the bigger ko4-020, not the Ko4-001 which just bolts on the stock manifold. With the Ko4-020 you need a new manifold thats off the 225hp TT, and if your gonna go throw all that work you might as well go big or go home!
    TRUE
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub's Avatar
    In the long run it comes do to the good old VW saying...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable... pick 2

Almost anything can be made to function well and be relatively reliable depending on your budget and application. If money isnt an issue then with enough R&D and messing around you could probly get some pretty neat setups, however not many people can say money isnt an issue.

It comes down to this, when you modify a car you never know what gonna happen, before a car gets released on the market it undergoes a swarm of testing in almost all aspects. Unless your willing to put in the equivalent method to see what works and doesnt then it really is hit or miss.

I also think that people tend to think slapping on a big turbo on any engine makes big power, and HP is the only important thing. Big mistake, people forget to factor in alot of things when doin a turbo build, one example, how much turbo lag will you have, or even where will your power be.

Toms audi for example, fun car to drive but it doesnt wake up till around 5000rpm, good for some applications but not for others.

*End of spilling pointless thoughts that no one will bother reading*
    - Julian -

2001 Jolf
    1981 Rabbit

Well if you've been in a car with APR's stage 3+ kit, it feels like a ko3 till you get pass 3000rpm and the your like woo! I believe it hits full boost around 4-4500rpm. Imo Apr's turbo kits are worth the money and personally I wouldn't touch ATP, heard about to many people with issues.

With lots of this other setups you just get a generic Big turbo software and you won't get the best of your setup. I know lots of people go that route but I still want something with good driveablity and power band. How can you beat apr's kit for this when they have done the R&D on the whole kit. Might not make the most power but I believe it's the best overall all setup.

Just my $0.02
    01 Golf 4dr 1.8T
    04 Passat Wagon

Quote Originally Posted by PLDub View Post
    In the long run it comes do to the good old VW saying...

Cheap, Fast, Reliable... pick 2
    1.... it's not a vw saying.....
    2.... those criteria are relative.

Cheap to one is expensive to someone else
    fast to one is slow to someone else
    and reliable... well... depends on how well you can turn a wrench.

for instance.

I'm working on another top secret engine project.... so far it cost me trades..... peanuts in the long run...

cheap fast and relaible are very different from person to person

Quote Originally Posted by pfhettinga View Post
    Well if you've been in a car with APR's stage 3+ kit, it feels like a ko3 till you get pass 3000rpm and the your like woo! I believe it hits full boost around 4-4500rpm. Imo Apr's turbo kits are worth the money and personally I wouldn't touch ATP, heard about to many people with issues.

With lots of this other setups you just get a generic Big turbo software and you won't get the best of your setup. I know lots of people go that route but I still want something with good driveablity and power band. How can you beat apr's kit for this when they have done the R&D on the whole kit. Might not make the most power but I believe it's the best overall all setup.

Just my $0.02

I couldn't agree with you more!
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub's Avatar
    to the average person that saying applies though phil.

Not everyone wrenches as well as you, or attempts a build like mine.

But ya, you make a valid point.
    - Julian -

2001 Jolf
    1981 Rabbit

hehe....
    I dont wrench.... I stare at it real mean like and it builds itself

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    Even though K04 upgrades have been done and finished with, people are still doing them. 42DD is a great company and that seems like a great downpipe and its only 350$

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information