+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Performance Brake Pads and Brake Fluid

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    I ran Motul 5.1 on my G60 brakes with the Girling 60's calipers..Worked amazing. Better then any other fluid Ive seen.

Veteran Member 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by BellCityDubber View Post
    lookie there..... gotcha yer spindles... they're in the back of my golf
    (along with a rad, a bumper and the two VR passat struts they're attached to)

Now... the one or two things I'm uncertain of... (but shouldn't be an issue)...

will PLDub's Ball joints and tie rods on his mk4 2.0L work with the B3 Vr Spindle?
    (Yes I presume so, but does any other guru concur with this? Jeremy? Shawn? Blake? Paul L?)

Should

We all know VW's are like Lego!
    * VW ARMY *

WROTH VW

Member bajaguy is on a distinguished road bajaguy's Avatar
    WRONG!!!! mk4 spindles are not the same as b3 or mk2 or 3!

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    OH YEAH!!!
    he's right...

the strut's on mk4's mount to the spindle differently.
    Damit, I should have known this right off the kick too!.... I was AT big_b's place in grimsby last night giving him a hand with his mk4 suspension
    stupid mk4's... ruined 40 years of lego-ness

well.. on the market they go
    Last edited by BellCityDubber; 02-09-2008 at 02:52 AM.

Veteran Member 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO's Avatar
    ! fawk ! no more legoness ! stoopid mk4's !
    * VW ARMY *

WROTH VW

Veteran Member PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub's Avatar
    DAMN IT!...

BAH!!! ... Now i remember i got some knock off lego one year and it wouldnt stay together with the real stuff and i super glued it... with that work for this application? lol

Back to the drawing board...
    - Julian -

2001 Jolf
    1981 Rabbit

Veteran Member PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub has a spectacular aura about PLDub's Avatar
    Looks like I need a set of MK4 1.8t/VR6 spindles and brakes then...
    - Julian -

2001 Jolf
    1981 Rabbit

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by PLDub View Post
    Looks like I need a set of MK4 1.8t/VR6 spindles and brakes then...
    yep...
    time to call around....
    I bet jer has a set somewhere..

Performance Brake Pads and Brake Fluid

On my IV I have gone for the OEM discs and uprated the pads for Carbotechs XP8s and Motul brake fluid. Honestly the car just stops brilliant setup IMO.

Jon.

Senior Member Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33's Avatar
    If you are doing a brake upgrade, get 20th/GLI Brakes...or if you are feeling really crazy an R32 setup, I saw Markos the other day....those fronts are MASSIVE. They must stop like nothing.
    2005 GLI 1.8T|Foreign Automotive 519-894-9551| http://www.foreignautomotive.ca
    -----------------------------------------------
    Follow on: Facebook

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    ^^almost a year old threadand before that over a year old thread ...2x the fail in one spot
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Senior Member Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33 is a splendid one to behold Dejan33's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by dubonic possesion View Post
    ^^almost a year old threadand before that over a year old thread ...2x the fail in one spot
    I go for atleast 1 fail a day :P
    2005 GLI 1.8T|Foreign Automotive 519-894-9551| http://www.foreignautomotive.ca
    -----------------------------------------------
    Follow on: Facebook

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information