+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Official Home Owners Thread

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar

Official Home Owners Thread

Well, now that a number of members have joined the ranks of home owners, I figured we should have a place to discuss issues surrounding home ownership. Anything from prefered lenders and current rates, to home improvement projects, repairs etc...

Have at it boys and girls...

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    I'll start by sharing some pics of my home. Too cold and snowy out to take any outdoor pics, I'll see if I can dig up any previous ones, but here are a few shots of the inside from testing out some new gear today.

Front Hall

Dining Room

Kitchen

Living Room

Did quite a bit of work this past year. Painted most of the house, built a patio, put in a outdoor Hot Tub etc... Goals for this year include, more painting, tile backsplash in kitchen, and crown molding.
    Last edited by EMSbyDay; 03-23-2010 at 10:50 AM.

Pics Fixed

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Your place is really nice man!! I dig it!

Sorry I have no constructive feedback to this thread, but your place looks nice!
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    I like almost all of it!! The only thing I personally wouldn't like in my own house is the upper cabinets in the kitchen.. I'd either want a bulkhead or taller cabinets. Ones with a gap like that are just a magnet for dust, and something else annoying to clean..

If you're tiling the backsplash yourself, just take your time.. Its really not hard at all, just be sure to watch the spacing and how flush the tiles sit with each other. Patience and attention to detail pay off huge, and really don't take much longer.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg's Avatar
    your place looks awesome. and the Dining Room looks like a Board Room.
    are the pictures in your Hallway pictures that you took? I mean knowing that you are into Photography and all.
    Strudel Boy

Veteran Member VW_Fluke_Ster is on a distinguished road VW_Fluke_Ster's Avatar
    Very Nice place. What about the rest of the place
    2011 Touareg TDI Execline (Canyon Grey Metallic) - current
    99 Ford Taurus SE - R.I.P.
    86 VW GTI - R.I.P
    www.GenerationDUB.com | www.maxbimmer.com | www.vw-style.net | www.dub-nation.com | www.carspyshots.net

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Nice Pad Kevin. Right now I'm doing some renovations in the basement. Getting my home office going. I'll take some pics when it's all done.

Pics look good.

P.S. When I say I'm doing renovations, I mean my father in law, brother and friends are doing it for me. I'm not too handy

2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

yes, the photos down the hall, and the two you cant make out in the living room are mine. The ones in the living room are VW content actually.

When I do the backsplash I'm actually looking at very small 1" tiles that are mixed colours that come in a 12" sheet so it shouldn't be too hard.

As for the "rest of the place" only the ladies get to see the Love Den ( j/k its just a mess right now ) basement is torn apart, and basement was a studio but taken apart and is now a mess

Veteran Member stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble has a brilliant future stealth bubble's Avatar
    always good to have family who are handy or handier than yourself... to them.

hey Kev....

i like the living room...

would love to see a pic of patio and backyard etc....
    1998 GTI VR6
    I got vendettas in dice games against ass betters, and niggaz who pump wheels and drive Jettas.-Jay-Z/Reasonable Doubt
    I gotta thing for them big body Benzes, it dulls my senses, In love with a V-Dub engine.Jay-Z/The Black Album

I'd love to take one, however the snow/freezing rain arn't helpful.

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    So this is a thread that we can see where we are going to party? Nice place Kevin..Any pics of the garage?

Is this a semi detach(sp?)?

yes its a semi, Garage is packed right now, will take pics once cleaned

Senior Member TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY is a splendid one to behold TDIGUY's Avatar
    We are still unpacking and moving boxes right now. Once everything is in order I will get some pictures up of the house.

PS your house looks awesome.
    2003 Golf TDI
    1987 Cabriolet Bestsellers Edition

Veteran Member TOPLESSBUNNY will become famous soon enough TOPLESSBUNNY's Avatar
    Nice place, and tastefully decorated!!
    Now, I am a lady (...at times) lemme see the love den!! LOL j/k

We really want to get our basement done..but it'll be me building it, Armen is useless with home shyte and I love building stuff, so I may be asking for advise in this thread-so thanks for starting it!!
    ~~Diamond Autoglass~~
    Mobile windshield chip Repair
    (519)551-0962
    www.wowvdub.com

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESSBUNNY View Post
    Freek-a-leek!
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member TOPLESSBUNNY will become famous soon enough TOPLESSBUNNY's Avatar
    ^^^ That's me
    ~~Diamond Autoglass~~
    Mobile windshield chip Repair
    (519)551-0962
    www.wowvdub.com

Member ~cia~ is just really nice ~cia~ is just really nice ~cia~ is just really nice ~cia~ is just really nice ~cia~ is just really nice ~cia~'s Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TOPLESSBUNNY View Post
    Nice place, and tastefully decorated!!

. . . . Armen is useless with home shyte . . . .
    He makes up for it with his mad MK1 skills !!!

Engine is out . . . . WOOT!
    Quote Originally Posted by PLDub View Post
    In the long run it comes do to the good old VW saying . . . Cheap, Fast, Reliable . . . Pick 2!
    ||www.illicitvw.com||

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    oh man, I'm not going to post up a to-do at my house.
    Most of you who've been to my house know how old most of the shit in here is.
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member Dubheaded is on a distinguished road
    Damn Kev, nice place! Is that COD4 I see there wanting to be played?
    Play Underground.

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver View Post
    oh man, I'm not going to post up a to-do at my house.
    Most of you who've been to my house know how old most of the shit in here is.
    The worst piece of furniture has to be the old Montreal Forum seat

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rictuga View Post
    The worst piece of furniture has to be the old Montreal Forum seat
    that is not the worst piece of furniture....its just cause you like the leafs!

I have to redo my bathroom and kitchen, but most of you folks have been to my pad and seen it............we have done some more work over the last couple of months and i will post the pics when i take some.
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Time to bump this up for some pics of the basement that was just renovated at my place.

This is what I did with the help of my father-in-law and Peter. Peter did the fake ceiling and helped out with the electrical. Thanks Peter!

Created an office space where a closet and storage room was with a fake ceiling. New trim and paint. I think it turned out pretty good!

Here are some crappy pics, which reminds me I need Roland to come over and take some real pics

New office space. It has an opening to the rest of the basement to make it look bigger.

Panels will have doors which is still to be done.

Inside the office looking into the Entertainment room:

Fake ceiling (done by Peter) Pic out of focus

Entertainment Room:

And finally the Guitars. Yes, Harry you're not the only one with instruments

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

ummmm guitars? Way to post the same pic twice numbnuts.

WTF you talking about! Look again ass

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    i only see one of the guitars.......

you can see a small piece of the guitars in one of the pictures

looks cool Ric....just need to change the bud pictures to habs pictures
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Yea, about changing those pics... That's not happening!

Try refreshing your browser, cause the last pic should have the guitars on it.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member SR20DET is on a distinguished road SR20DET's Avatar
    I miss apartment living because of days like today. Too much snow to shovel! My house is across from a field, so it's very windy - snow drifts like you wouldn't believe! Usually, when it snows quite a bit, I end up having to shovel 3-4 times because of the wind blowing the snow on my driveway.
    Dave

2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2011 Kia Sorento AWD

Veteran Member SR20DET is on a distinguished road SR20DET's Avatar
    And for the Leaf fans, the previous owner of my house liked the leafs.......

This picture was before we moved in, at our final viewing before moving in. I need to paint the basement, and most of the house.
    Dave

2012 Fiat 500 Sport
    2011 Kia Sorento AWD

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Looking a lot better then it did before Ric, and the electrical too!

I got get pics of my buddys place, we did prolly one of the better leafs room i have scene, and i scene many.
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 34 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast