+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: The little Cabby that could

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    Greg try the fiberglass first... it's not that hard to do and it will look better. If you want to rent a mig welder I can weld them for you... let me know.
    ClubTuga ...Just a 1.8T Jetta
    RICE IS:
    -A 'fartcan' aftermarket muffler with coffee can-sized chrome tip.
    -Springs cut to lower the car for no other purpose than appearance
    -"HoNdA r00Lz" or "ZoOm zOOm" decal covering half of rear window

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    Fiberglass is the way to go for straight filler, it a pain if you never done it before and a bigger pain to sand, bondo really isnt design to fill gaps more then like a 1/4" deep. and on e a run that long, it would pop out in big pieces.

Welding in filler pieces would be even better, done it before. altho some people, with a better hand at bondoing will spot weld, overlay piece to completely remove the body line.
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    well the gap can't be any more than 1/4" deep.
    probably less
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    you prolly be alright then unless someone bumped the car. a fiber glass would just help reinforce it more is all.

if you didnt wont to deal with the mess of glass but wanted to make it strong, just low fill it with the glass with the pre mixed fibers in it, so you wont have to deal with sanding it and then finish it with bondo
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Veteran Member 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO's Avatar
    If you use a pre-mixed short strand fiberglass it will be alright and the key here is to put it on and sand it out in thin coats. Iused short strand fiberglass in all of my body work. When I shaved the upper body line on my cabby that is all that was used also, there were times that those doors were slammed pretty hard and there was no cracking or falling out. If you are going to use Bondo then at least use the short strand fiberglass filler as the base filler against the bare metal, then go all out with the bondo.
    * VW ARMY *

WROTH VW

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    FINE FUCKERS lol, I'll give it a shot with fiberglass first.
    That's just one more damn step that I have to do though.
    I'll just put a sticker on my door that says, if you slam it, you mud and paint it.

Update- Looks like the powerplant is going to be swapped out for something a little more fun as well

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver View Post
    Update- Looks like the powerplant is going to be swapped out for something a little more fun as well
    It was you!?1?1?1 I like... very much!
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

FINE FUCKERS lol, I'll give it a shot with fiberglass first.
    That's just one more damn step that I have to do though.
    I'll just put a sticker on my door that says, if you slam it, you mud and paint it.
    LOL fuck your lazy

1.8T sounds fun
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

sorry, I meant fun and NA, and it doesn't have an oil pan that goes into the ground

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post
    1.8T sounds fun
    No, No, he didn't get a 1.8T... I know what he got! And I like it!

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

spill the beans ric. what greg getting?

oil pans there optional
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

what else would a 2.0 junky use?

a 2.0T? or course
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    I say swap a 16 valve 2.0L in there
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

thats good or going to chip it?
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

16v

Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post
    thats good or going to chip it?
    C'mon Peter, you posted on the fast car ever sold earlier.

Didn't you see Greg's post?

which was this " "

And Giver, you'll love the 16v 2.0. I had it on my MK2...

I miss her

[IMG][/IMG]

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

then the guy killed it

im slow today didnt put it together my bad
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

lol, that's ok, I have no idea to replace the engine, so you're still better off than me

At least you have all the parts for it, I think... Time to read Greg.

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

yup, luckily we have some pretty smart fellas when it comes to the old shit.
    Philbert and the angry midget have been helping with some advice.
    Definitely gonna need some help pulling the old engine and dropping in the new one.

Quote Originally Posted by rictuga View Post
    At least you have all the parts for it, I think... Time to read Greg.
    reading whats that love to help ya, have no real experience with cars of that age
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    Congrats with the new power plant Greg When are you gonna do the swap? I say do it before the paint... never know how many tools gonna hit the bondo and break it off
    ClubTuga ...Just a 1.8T Jetta
    RICE IS:
    -A 'fartcan' aftermarket muffler with coffee can-sized chrome tip.
    -Springs cut to lower the car for no other purpose than appearance
    -"HoNdA r00Lz" or "ZoOm zOOm" decal covering half of rear window

Veteran Member 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO is a glorious beacon of light 81CABRIO's Avatar
    yup, luckily we have some pretty smart fellas when it comes to the old shit.
    Philbert and the angry midget have been helping with some advice.
    Definitely gonna need some help pulling the old engine and dropping in the new one.
    ME?
    * VW ARMY *

WROTH VW

see the CAPS he used, that's angry if I've ever seen it

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    Shawn's always angry.........

but a very good choice in helping with a motor swap if you want it done by 2010.

let the guy get his car finished this year!
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

I don't care about HIS car

ok, so I should have the donor car here over the next week finally for the engine.
    Need some suggestions on shit to get done prior to that.
    We all know that I'm not exactly mechanic of the year, so first step for me is to pull the engine in the cabby.
    Where's my smart people at?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 51 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information