+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: What are you running for oil?

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    Motul

whatever the VW spec is. I just get it from Euroline
    24v

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    RS2000 Full Synthetic.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    As of the last oil change, Mobil 1 0W40 full synthetic. I'd just been using the standard issue Castrol GTX 5W30 up until then.

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I think I was running 0w40, and that had somethign to do with killing my turbo, because it was so thin?

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    Crude
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    It shouldn't have, but I don't know anything about aftermarket turbos. With stock parts as long as it conforms to that VW 502.00 standard (or something like that) there shouldn't be a problem.
    Last edited by Raz; 02-21-2007 at 12:20 PM. Reason: I meant shouldn't

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    castrol 505.01 5w40 syn.
    Dixie whistlin', Coal Burnin', '01 Jetta TDI-3rd WF 14-SOLD
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

Veteran Member SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN is a splendid one to behold SP00LN's Avatar
    Rancho Cucamonga, California, United States
    Amsoil European Formula 5w-40
    :Þ(|)

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    Castrol Syntec SAE 5W-40:
    Engineered specifically to meet the Volkswagen engine warranty requirements, exceeding VW 502 00 and 505 00. Exceeds all car and light truck manufacturer's warranty requirements for the protection of gasoline, diesel and turbocharged engines where API SL, SJ, SH, CF or CD is recommended. Porsche approved and also exceeds European ACEA: A3, B3, B4, MB 229.3, MB 229.1, BMW LL-98. Meets the engine protection requirements of Volvo, BMW, Mercedes Benz and ILSAC GF-3 for API Certified Gasoline Engine Oils.
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    I actually just moved to Castrol non-syn

burning way less

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    Motul 8100...nothing can compare!
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Veteran Member wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg's Avatar
    Castrol GTX 5W30
    Strudel Boy

Veteran Member wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg is a name known to all wolfsburg's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DrZEUS View Post
    Motul 8100...nothing can compare!
    is that Synthetic?
    Strudel Boy

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    yup

5W40 btw

I'm running that old engine castrol shit, none of this 8100 my car is SOOOOOOOOOOO cool shit.

Just hit 190,000 this week , barf

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    mines black after i change it no matter what. sometimes ill flush some bulk 5w30 through it a few times when i do my change
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

Member 98mk3 is on a distinguished road 98mk3's Avatar
    Elf 5w30 full syn
    1998 Golf
    2005 GS 500

Veteran Member klbeans will become famous soon enough klbeans's Avatar
    Mobil 1 5W30 Full Synthetic.

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver View Post
    I'm running that old engine castrol shit, none of this 8100 my car is SOOOOOOOOOOO cool shit.

Just hit 190,000 this week , barf
    shit you catching me I am at 203,700 now

I'll be there by june

shit gonna take you that long, less driving in your old age there buddy

Senior Member gianpaolo is on a distinguished road gianpaolo's Avatar
    20w50 royal purple xpr (full synthetic racing oil) for the 1.8T
    1987 GTi 1.8T 6 spd Parting out / 1997 GTi Big Turbo Race Car

Sponsors for 2011 Solo and GT Sprints - Smileseating.com http://www.shopsmileseating.com / TrackMart - DeFender http://trackmart.com/ GT Performance 905 - 850-0112 - www.leveltronic.it - for all your RV and car leveling needs

thats some heavy stuff

Veteran Member Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute Zuber Speed has a reputation beyond repute
    Im at 14k, going for my 2nd oil change soon
    24v

Veteran Member Slalom88 is on a distinguished road
    was on royal purple, switched over to elf now..15-40 i think? extra virgin!
    Long Live dub!

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    mobil 0w50 full synthentic

like pour water in a glass...runs uber smooth and moves quickly through the engine in cold weather
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Senior Member Bitsq is on a distinguished road
    i run the same oil i use to lube up my fooseball table :P (works sssooo good)
    motul 5w40
    Old:03 GTI 1.8T Indigo Blue
    New:2004 Infiniti G35 coupe

Quote Originally Posted by spettaa View Post
    mobil 0w50 full synthentic

like pour water in a glass...runs uber smooth and moves quickly through the engine in cold weather
    do u watch it run through the engine?

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread Information