+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: What are you running for oil?

Veteran Member Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen has a reputation beyond repute Jurjen's Avatar
    What is a "crazy amount"? How much are you adding?

Posted from my BlackBerry using BerryBlab
    "A turbo: Exhaust gasses go into the turbocharger and spin it, witchcraft happens, and you go faster." - Jeremy Clarkson

my golf cl seems to run great on a 50/50 mix of Rickards Dark n Extra Virgin Olive oil.... LOL it cleans as you drive.

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    honey oil is where its at ....
    it's a grenade wating to go off !!

Junior Member G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben is a name known to all G60duben's Avatar
    this has been a big topic in the G60 threads on other sites as to what is better to run because of the G-Ladder on start up or letting it rip on the highway. theres nothing worse that starting it up when it cold and having oil pressure being to high because of thick oil and poping the main oil seal out of its seat in the charger . in the colder months i run 0-40 and in the summer its 5-30 . but i can never just start her up and drive, it has to idel for a little bit, to let the oil prressure drop a bit or i will blow an oil seal in the charger............... its a grenade wating to go off.!!! lol
    it's a grenade wating to go off !!

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    Total Quartz 5W40 and nothing else....

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Summer time: mobil 0w40
    Winter time: Castrol 5w40 or Mobil

Car takes a beating 24/7. No issues.

Buying that Total or Elf stuff in my opinion is over kill and waste of money.
    Last edited by CaptainSlow; 01-21-2011 at 10:52 AM.
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Veteran Member RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal has a brilliant future RazKal's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    Summer time: mobil 0w40
    Winter time: Castrol 5w40 or Mobil

Car takes a beating 24/7 7 days a year. No issues.

Buying that Total or Elf stuff in my opinion is over kill and waste of money.
    Sorry Tom, but 75CDN for oil and filter and fluids topped off is not over kill

Veteran Member dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion has much to be proud of dubonic possesion's Avatar
    shake and bake... uuhhh i mean quaker state . why? because its DIRT cheap at wally world, when its on sale $9 for 4L, i stock up for the year. My shitty 4cyls don't need anything better then that, except the raddo she gets amsoil
    Well, excuse me, for having ENORMOUS flaws, that i don't work on !
    www.berlinklassik.ca be there !

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    Summer time: Royal Purple 0w40
    Winter time: Royal Purple 5w40
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Veteran Member CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow is a name known to all CaptainSlow's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by RazKal View Post
    Sorry Tom, but 75CDN for oil and filter and fluids topped off is not over kill
    How much for Total quartz 9000?
    B6 A4 1.8TQ - DD

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by chipsofsix View Post
    Summer time: Royal Purple 0w40
    Winter time: Royal Purple 5w40
    i ran royal once, butt dyno said yeah! then read about poor quality control also that shit doesnt come in 4L jugs
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    I run this:

2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    w/e is synthetic and is on sale at ct
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Senior Member chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix is a splendid one to behold chipsofsix's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    i ran royal once, butt dyno said yeah! then read about poor quality control also that shit doesnt come in 4L jugs
    link? I've yet to see anything with those claims from a reputable source, but if there is I would like to know.... From what I've personally read and The oil Samples Ive done. AMS Oil is probably the best for everything then Royal purple which was fairly close then Mobil 1.

We've been running it in our race car engine for years now, and we get oil samples done almost every oil change and the results were nothing but impressive each and everytime. They were consistent and the life / properties of the oil never changed from the intense use. AMS Oil and Royal purple dosent have the same amount of molecular instability(shearing) like Castrol does. I just did an oil sample after i got my car they were running castrol and I dont think I will ever run it again. Oil change was "apparently" done almost before i got my car. They have some BS record...anyways lets just say the properties of the oil say it was almost done and that was only after me owning the car for two months.

anyways....

yes it does not come in 4L! which is stupid BUT you can get it in a case which is kinda like a small beer case hahah.
    Last edited by chipsofsix; 01-23-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    08 A4 S-Line 2.0T Quattro 6 Speed
    F.T.W.L.T.B.D.W.I.C.T.W
    loading HATERS.....99% ████████████████]

Junior Member cmygligo will become famous soon enough cmygligo will become famous soon enough
    Castrol Syntec 5W40, but I use Motul 0W40 in the summer

Quote Originally Posted by CaptainSlow View Post
    How much for Total quartz 9000?
    Thats what i paid....75

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information