+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: What's causing shaking?

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Not sure why a chip would cause shaking tho?? misfires?? if that was the case it'd probably through a CEL

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    supposed to be warm for the next couple days.Go to the spray bays and spray the hell out of your rims. Like Zeus said, just incase.
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh's Avatar
    Not sure why a chip would cause shaking tho?? misfires?? if that was the case it'd probably through a CEL
    I have a CEL on all the time .... so that doesn't tell me much. Think I should scan it just in case? The only reason I though it could have something to do with the chip was it was the first time I really pushed it since I got the chip and I've pushed it before the tuning was done with no probs.

supposed to be warm for the next couple days.Go to the spray bays and spray the hell out of your rims. Like Zeus said, just incase.
    Yup I'm going tomorrow

I'll update tomorrow once I've done a bit more looking
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    December 21, 2012, with any luck the world will end, that means no xmas shopping that year, and if the world doesn't end, my family is gunna be pissed cuz they ain't gettin no gifts!

Junior Member GTInewb is on a distinguished road GTInewb's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by moshvr6 View Post
    I have a CEL on all the time .... so that doesn't tell me much. Think I should scan it just in case? The only reason I though it could have something to do with the chip was it was the first time I really pushed it since I got the chip and I've pushed it before the tuning was done with no probs.

Yup I'm going tomorrow

I'll update tomorrow once I've done a bit more looking
    I had this exact problem on the weekend, xcept mine happened about 100km on. Got out, knocked all "visible" snow off the inside of the wells. Still shaking. Drove at speed for a while, and shaking reduced dramatically, then vanished. Snow/ice builds inside the rims. Look at a wheel weight. It's tiny, and makes a huge difference in the ride. Same with small amounts of snow/ice. Me thinks you'll be okay. Best of luck though.

Veteran Member mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh's Avatar
    lol I've checked all these problems and I'm still stumped for an answer. Short of taking the wheels off and checking the balance again.

Again I say there is NO snow in the wheels/wheel wells. I checked tonight at the meet, in front of a few people just incase you guys don't believe me

BTW ... are you Mike? I'm on of the guys that was talking to you tonight at the Tim Horton's
    December 21, 2012, with any luck the world will end, that means no xmas shopping that year, and if the world doesn't end, my family is gunna be pissed cuz they ain't gettin no gifts!

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    what ype of wheels you running on?
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Just the normal GTI wheels. I got BBS wheels for the spring so I just mounted the winters on my old wheels

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    how was it today lots of shit was melting
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

Didn't really get to test it today. I'll try tomorrow

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    i dont think enough melting for wheel crud

my teardrops back in the day on my old Golf were the culprit....accumulated ice in the holes ...couldnt really notice it too well...check that hole of your wheels not just the inside of it.

what kinda tires you running btw?

i would change the title just cause most people browsing would think that it is true in your title... might not look good for the sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!! especially when your not 100% on what it is... just my thinking
    HOGO

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    I agree with Hogo. Bad title for something that is not related... The mods should change this ASAP.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    Yeah... Got my Tech9 done and my wheels went out of balance... what a increase in torque!
    ClubTuga ...Just a 1.8T Jetta
    RICE IS:
    -A 'fartcan' aftermarket muffler with coffee can-sized chrome tip.
    -Springs cut to lower the car for no other purpose than appearance
    -"HoNdA r00Lz" or "ZoOm zOOm" decal covering half of rear window

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    lol
    I figured out the problem
    Went so fast, he blew out a belt
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

title fixed

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Nice
    Last edited by Ricas; 02-20-2007 at 08:36 PM.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    (Broken telephone) what tech nine is warping wheels and your door fell off ? shit I am not going with them

Quote Originally Posted by hogo View Post
    i would change the title just cause most people browsing would think that it is true in your title... might not look good for the sponsor!!!!!!!!!!!! especially when your not 100% on what it is... just my thinking
    Fack that shit ... I don't agree with the title of the thread being changed.

I'll recomend the tuning to anyone. I posted this right after I got home as my car is kinda old, and I couldn't think of anything else that would have caused the shaking.

It's not like I was saying "Hey Tech9 sucks! My car is broken now!" I was asking if it could have been related to my problem.

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    Then you should have posted a title more like "having vibration problem" and then explain what you may think the causes could be including the chipping hypothesis.
    RICE IS:

Oh no ... might offend someone.

You're missing the point Mike and I'm not gonna bother explaining it.
    RICE IS:

NVM

I don't understand your reasoning. What if the problem was to do with Tech9 ... forum sponsor or not if there was a problem with the tuning of my car wouldn't you guys wanna know? Or would you all rather go get it done at a place that was shitty and caused problems? lol
    Last edited by mosh; 02-21-2007 at 01:15 AM.

Veteran Member Susannah has a spectacular aura about Susannah has a spectacular aura about Susannah's Avatar
    lol. Point.
    WOB - DR786

GTI:The quintessential hatch back of the 21st century. Known for the genocide of Hondas and punk ass asian kids who think Civics are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by moshvr6 View Post
    NVM

I don't understand your reasoning. What if the problem was to do with Tech9 ... forum sponsor or not if there was a problem with the tuning of my car wouldn't you guys wanna know? Or would you all rather go get it done at a place that was shitty and caused problems? lol
    I would imagine that it would be more prudent to find out the problem and then mention what it was, again, what I said was about the tittle and not what was written in your post itself. And if indeed it was the flash that caused the problem yes I would like to know.
    RICE IS:

Veteran Member klbeans will become famous soon enough klbeans's Avatar
    I would agree with Luis on this one.

As a sponsor, I'm sure there is some type of financial backing and/or discounts to members. Don't bite the hand that feeds you.

Re. letting everyone know that Tech9 may have caused a problem, that can be addressed in the content of your post, didn't need to be announced in the title (ie. someone reading the title but not the thread will automatically assume Tech9 is problematic).

Sorry man, just my $0.02.
    Last edited by klbeans; 02-21-2007 at 09:54 PM.

hey man did you find the problem yet? just thought of another thing it might be....could be a blown belt in one of the wheels take them off and check them out

They're gonna be checked tomorow.

Thanks everyone for your input

Bringing this back 'cause I'm still confused.

Never had the weights on the wheels checked as the next day the shaking went away.... still cold and snow though so I really don't understand.

Stayed away for a while but then yesterday it started shaking again! Drove down the highway for a while at 110 then pushed it back up to 130 and it didn't shake? Anyone have any ideas this time? I can feel it hardcore in the steering wheel but also down in the footwells pretty bad. My feet feel A LOT of the shaking.

TIA

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    If the weights are fine, and theres no snow, I'd think its a shifted belt in one(or more) of the tires, although thats unlikely on new tires.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information