+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Audi A3 Talk

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    yeah i notice that for a second there it said we all had 2003 VW GTI
    VAGKRAFT - Dead President - Hip Hop --> 141.0 dB
    Jet plane (near) --> 140dB
    WF15 - Master P - Them Jean --> 135.9 dB
    Jet plane (from 100 feet away) --> 135.0dB
    Threshold of pain --> 125 dB
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    ^^ lol .. was in the midst of testing it out.. lol ..everyone owned my car for a moment..

Veteran Member Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3 has a reputation beyond repute Lava_A3's Avatar
    damn it should have sold it faster
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

you should, you can slap a GT28 trubo on the 2.0T, mod the injectors, exhaust manifold, fuel pump, FMIC and make 400whp in a SPORTBACK( not a wagon)
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    ^^ Believe me, I have considered it for many months now (Getting an A3), but I'm just not willing to buy one yet until there is a 2.0TQ... or a 3.2 that comes in stick.

I *considered* the 3.2Q, but there aren't any real numbers of what the drivetrain can hold, and if I'm going to have a 3.2L V6, it's definately getting supercharged. But this isn't the place for that discussioN

Quote Originally Posted by footose View Post
    I *considered* the 3.2Q, but there aren't any real numbers of what the drivetrain can hold, and if I'm going to have a 3.2L V6, it's definately getting supercharged. But this isn't the place for that discussioN
    well acording to the vw/audi engineers when the built the S3 (which is a 2.0TQ running 1 bar psi, with beefed up internal) they said in the road and track(could have been car and driver, read both) article the DSG could handle the 265bhp and 258lbs of torque so that the reason it comes only in the 6sp, even tho the DSG is a faster trans.

BTW the S3 fits what your looking for i just dont know about the starting price of $55,000CAD, its a bit much and put it into a different car class in my opinion
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

well it will be in the US for sure, and theres no reason why they would bring with there lastest s line and RS, the only thing that wont happen for sure is it wont be a 2 door cause they feel it will kill there golf sales
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

well it will be in the US for sure, and theres no reason why they would bring with there lastest s line and RS, the only thing that wont happen for sure is it wont be a 2 door cause they feel it will kill there golf sales
    Well I heard it wont make it to canada for the same reasons that the R32 didn't make it..

And if I'm paying 55cdn for a "Sports Car", it better have 2 doors

and the other thing witht the DSG, is they could have made it work, but all the adtional weight and cost, so went with the six speed

There are DSG upgrades coming read about on vortex, and also in 08 there will be an A3 cabrio in Europe

well i would bet that an S3 would come before an R32/R36 casue the line is selling well, but here in canada compact sports car dont do well at that price point
    Last edited by Lava_A3; 01-07-2007 at 05:40 PM.
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

here is the cabrio pic thats floating on vortex
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

yeah a 2.0TQ witht the Haldex all wheel drive would be very nice so help put the power down, even with the short list of mods i have i spin through 3rd, those tires (P6)are shit but with the ko4 out (and overpriced), and gt28 kits coming should be interesting to see whats happens...cant have enough power
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

I put down over 300whp on my GTI, and I'll tell you right now, a FWD car could put 1000whp down and I'd never buy it. 250whp is probably the highest I would go with FWD at this point, given my expereinces it just isn't "useful" any higher, which is why I want AWD

which is what i seen, went to school with a guy with a Stage III+ turbo kit in his BLue 04 GLI, and with a new planetary torsional differential and FMIC , siad the same thing , when he drove around the city(Toronto) he would drive like a girl cause he would just break loose the tires all the time, the only time he enjoy it was on the highway pull, downshift and he was gone
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

thats the nice thing about the HAldex drives it mainly with the front wheel(saves gas) then when the tires start to slip it sends the power to the rears....*wishing i had it in my car*
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lava_A3 View Post

Where did you hear this? all reports I've heard have said NO S3 in NA... Ever...

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    Looking good man, I personally like me car a little lower but with the A3 its a toss up, Body Kit vs. SLAMMED.... you cant have both and still have it drivable.

My car is close to as low as the slammed photoshop there, so I'm pretty much out of luck for a kit if I keep it like that for the driving I need to do. I might add the Votex lip though, it dosnt really lower much. I just have to think about how it attaches as its a leased car and I want to be able to set it back to stock if I dont keep it.

oh, and I DO impose a weight limit when it comes to passengers ( no I'm not so mean as to tell someone their to fat to get in my car ) but I wont take 4 adult males with me.

Quote Originally Posted by EMSbyDay View Post
    Looking good man, I personally like me car a little lower but with the A3 its a toss up, Body Kit vs. SLAMMED.... you cant have both and still have it drivable.
    yeah you cant have both, but if your aready low i would go for the votex stuff its mild, and you dont lose much clearance with it, but its not cheap(Pfaff was the cheapest) i went body kit and left it with sport suspension, if i could do it again i wouldnt change it

oh, and I DO impose a weight limit when it comes to passengers ( no I'm not so mean as to tell someone their to fat to get in my car ) but I wont take 4 adult males with me.
    my idea of a passenger is a person in the front seat, NEVER had anyone in the back, and once i put the stereo in for sure no one. that comp stuff is heavy about 200lbs
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

I hear that. I have just a standard box with one 12". I think I might try my hand at a cut out cover for it.

I hear that. I have just a standard box with one 12". I think I might try my hand at a cut out cover for it.
    when you cover do you mean a decorative panel for the front or like a custom box?

your best bet is a custom box

if you need i hand comp stereo is my specialty, if your looking to save weight fiberglass is the way to go but its not the best choice for sound quality, and its a pain in the ass to work with. i would go for a wood(MDF) box maybe 1/2" if not 3/4" depending on what your running.

if you wanna save space and use your folding seats(looks like you use them) go for a hatch style box (tall and narrow, but full width ) a long one of the sides. all you need to know is the mounting depth of your sub( height of the basket ) and the volume you want to run , for a 12" a good average is about 1.25sqft(volume inside the box, NOT outside) more volume will more SPL in a lowerer Feq. less volume will give you more SQ in a higher Feq. (usually about 10db higher range than a SPL box)
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

I have a standard sealed carpedted box (pretty decent size) it is actually the perfect width of the larger fold down back leaving the other side functional to flip down, which seems to work well with my Kation Audio SPL Series Sub.

I'm thinking about just making a board to mount in front with a cutout in it. I'll probably use 3/4" MDF and paint it black.

i have seen a couple of decorative panel in some A3's among the best, were panels that were blocked out(space between equipment and back of panel) where they had place some neon lights (not sure if that your thing) and had thing like the Audi Rings cut out, A3 logo, S-Line Logo, brand of Equipment

Not sure where you want to go with it but there some ideas some of which you may see in my car
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Thats the idea I was going for, not sure if I'll integrate Neons or not.

i like them if there done tastefully, there will be some in my, doing some red(continue the OEM lighting color), as long as you dont stick them everywhere and you CANT see the tubes, i like them
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

i'm wrong i misinterpreted what they were saying, there is no word of it coming offically, can't read
    OT

You close to Hamilton?

I fucking hate Hamilton

That is all

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    ahhhhh A3's are taking over!!!
    Dixie whistlin', Coal Burnin', '01 Jetta TDI-3rd WF 14-SOLD
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by sootbomb View Post
    ahhhhh A3's are taking over!!!
    Hardly since there are only 2 around, they're just post whoring like crazy
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

thats what I thought, it was was coming I thinkt ther would be alot of current American A3 owners that would have waited.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread Information