Closed Thread
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Looking for Donor Cars for GenDUB DIY Guides

Member rdelario is on a distinguished road
    true dat...

it seems that each day I drive the shifting is getting harder and harder... I think I'd better get to bottom of this asap b4 the tranny gets wrecked... or at least figure out what's wrong...
    2001, Jetta Wolfsburg 1.8T

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    ^^ his definitely sounds like the clutch isn't releasing, I'd put money on the slave cylinder as well.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

how expensive is that?? any dollar figure??

since my mechanic skills are very slim, I may have a dumb question here:
    if the clutch isnt releasing, shouldnt it be easy to shift??
    and what makes these things break?? I dont think it's my shifting technique since I've been driving this since brand new for 5.5 yrs...
    or what's the normal life to that slave??
    Last edited by rdelario; 10-18-2006 at 03:55 PM.

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    normally they dont go. but if they bleed down the input shaft keeps spinning therefor making the shift harder.
    Dixie whistlin', Coal Burnin', '01 Jetta TDI-3rd WF 14-SOLD
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

Senior Member polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub's Avatar
    timing belt for a Mk4 2.0L LMk Cost??

how hard is it to check the bleed?? if it's a quickie, I'll run to my car now and check...
    how many hrs of labour to replace that??

anyone knows any good trusted VW mechanic around yonge & sheppard?? at least if the car has to stay, I can get home easily...
    Last edited by rdelario; 10-18-2006 at 04:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by polish_vdub View Post
    timing belt for a Mk4 2.0L LMk Cost??
    for real!!??? I just replaced my timing belt on thanksgiving weekend!!!???

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    actually that's a good one, how about DIY for 2.0 serpentine guys?
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rdelario View Post
    for real!!??? I just replaced my timing belt on thanksgiving weekend!!!???
    Dude he was just asking how much it would cost for him to get it done ... un-related to your prob
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    December 21, 2012, with any luck the world will end, that means no xmas shopping that year, and if the world doesn't end, my family is gunna be pissed cuz they ain't gettin no gifts!

yeah dude...
    anyone knows good trusted vw/audi mechanic around yonge / sheppard area??

Certified VW/Audi Tech SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB is a name known to all SOOTBOMB's Avatar
    dunno man but this is for DIY's
    03 TDI Jetta GLS premium, platinum gray, santa monicas. SOLD...AGAIN '89 pearl white audi 90Q-SOLD
    '01 A6 2.7TQ 6spd-Sold, 03 Yamaha R1, '03 A6 Allroad-SOLD, 2008 A3 2.0T, 2007 dodge 2500 5.9 cummins

i think it's really messed up...

when I put on 1st gear when the engine off, then start the engine (brakes are released), the car started rolling by itself eventhough I'm still pressing the clutch all the way in...

and that squeeking noise is getting louder with respect to rpm...

i dont think I can even drive it home... I may have to get it towed... shit... i'm now in brampton area... I think I'm stuck to dealership now...

between bramgate and martin grove, which dealer is better?? if anyone has any experience with them..

thanks,

heard good things about bramgate.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Bleeding a clutch takes two people, a single wrench/socket(no clue what size it is though), and like 15 minutes of time. Just like bleeding brakes.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

think its an 8mm.i wouldnt try that unless u got a buddy who somewhat knows what theyre doin, afterall u said u arent too comfortable with it.

well, it's too late now...
    I had to get it towed... couldnt even shift...

no idea how much it's gonna cost me... just when I was actually about to meet a mechanic tonight in markham... it decided to break and needed to be towed in brampton...

Senior Member polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub is a splendid one to behold polish_vdub's Avatar
    also i need a DIY on R&R the fuel filter for a MK4 2.0L (i think not sure if thats the problem with my car)

for sure. thats a good one to do. easy as well. add it raz.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Done. Should we be contacting the people we've given the go-ahead to or should we be relying on them to check in here? I'm done that work with my buddy, so I'm set to go pretty much anytime.

well obviously with winter comin we can't do everything outside, plus daylight is runnin slim. i do have access to a heated garage from a fellow dub fanatic so i'm sure we could go there from time to time. stuff like the filter we could do outside cuz its only a 10 minute job. we might as well contact people to let them know when we canb do it. weekends are the best bet.

sootbomb how much is a fuel filter from thhe dealer?? or should i get it from like crappy tire??

20 bucks. might as well go oem.

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    LMK when you guys wanna do the antenna base
    ClubTuga ...Just a 1.8T Jetta
    RICE IS:
    -A 'fartcan' aftermarket muffler with coffee can-sized chrome tip.
    -Springs cut to lower the car for no other purpose than appearance
    -"HoNdA r00Lz" or "ZoOm zOOm" decal covering half of rear window

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Hey Luis, nometime next weekend is probably good for me (if that works for you too sootbomb). This weekend is shot.

I'll be in touch next week about that turn signal stalk. We can bundle a few things when we do that. Your bumper R&R (even if it's a few weeks away), the stalk and anything else that's going on.

I'll have to start PM'ing the other folks to see what they want to do...

well bumber dont go on til december normally. and next weekend should work for me too to do a few things.

Quote Originally Posted by sootbomb View Post
    20 bucks. might as well go oem.
    hey could u pick me up one and i;ll pay u back at the monday meets or when u guys do the R&R??

ya sure.

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    Next weekend should work for me, I already have the antenna base already too. Thankx guys
    ClubTuga ...Just a 1.8T Jetta
    RICE IS:
    -A 'fartcan' aftermarket muffler with coffee can-sized chrome tip.
    -Springs cut to lower the car for no other purpose than appearance
    -"HoNdA r00Lz" or "ZoOm zOOm" decal covering half of rear window

k well next weekend it'll be fuel filter and antenna base.

Member 2001GLS is on a distinguished road
    how about a brake job guys?
    Rob H.

2001 Jetta. 2.0
    or as i like to call it the 2.WTF this thing dont go any faster?!??!?!

rhatje@hotmail.com

Closed Thread
Page 3 of 49 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread Information