View Poll Results: Which car would you choose?

Voters
42. You may not vote on this poll
  • 03-04 Subaru WRX STi

20 47.62%
  • 02-04 Audi A4 1.8T

13 30.95%
  • 06' jetta TDI or 2.0T

7 16.67%
  • 04-05 Acura TL

2 4.76%
+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Which Car would you choose??

Veteran Member MAmaral13 is on a distinguished road MAmaral13's Avatar

Which Car would you choose??

Alright so as some of you know i am no longer putting money into my 2.slow.. insted i am working 2 jobs now untill i start my apprenticechip in feb to save money for a new car.. here are the fallowing choices

1) 03' or 04' Subaru WRX STi

2) 06' Jetta TDI or 2.0T

3) 02-04 Audi A4 1.8T Sports package

4) 04-05 Acura TL

all are in the 25-35 grand price range and insurance on them is 3800-4300 due ot the fact that i live in georgetown

i know some arent even in the same class but thats my list as of now...

which one would you choose and why..
    2002 jetta 1.8T Chrome Edition <-- for Giver
    95 black MKIII golf --- SOLD

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    Audi since its like Volkswagen...Although the mods for 02-04 Audi are really expensive...

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    Wrx
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Member sassbs is on a distinguished road sassbs's Avatar
    without a doubt..hands down!!

WRX STI!!!!
    Extreme H20 Water Systems

Reverse Osmosis. If anyone needs anything from home systems, to under-the-counters, to just refills...Let me know and I\'ll provide a discount for all gendub members.

Veteran Member Susannah has a spectacular aura about Susannah has a spectacular aura about Susannah's Avatar
    Hrmm...

STI = 300HP 300 TQ

Audi = VW

Audi's got so much more class, but bang for your buck I'd go for the STI. Plus the fact you can switch from 50/50 to 30/70 on the fly sounds nice too.
    WOB - DR786

GTI:The quintessential hatch back of the 21st century. Known for the genocide of Hondas and punk ass asian kids who think Civics are cool.

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    I never knew you could switch from 50/50 to like 30/70 on the STi's...

Veteran Member thaweezord is a glorious beacon of light thaweezord is a glorious beacon of light thaweezord is a glorious beacon of light thaweezord is a glorious beacon of light thaweezord is a glorious beacon of light thaweezord is a glorious beacon of light thaweezord's Avatar
    turbo + AWD = teh win

STI!!
    2000 Jetta TDI Canyon Red

Veteran Member ATI_VR6 is on a distinguished road ATI_VR6's Avatar
    STI, but an evo would be better lol
    I know not on the list lol

Veteran Member jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall has a reputation beyond repute jasonsmeall's Avatar
    really like the A4's always have
    2003 Jetta TDI - Sold 1998 GTI VR6 - Sold
    2007 Rabbit - Sold 2008 Jetta - Sold
    2009 Tiguan 4 Motion Comfortline - Wrecked
    2010 Tiguan 4 Motion Highline

Certified VW/Audi Tech LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga has a brilliant future LuiTuga's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by jasonsmeall
    really like the A4's always have

Same here, Audi all the way!

Junior Member rabbitman is on a distinguished road rabbitman's Avatar
    STI. AWD, turbo, 300 hp, what else could you want?

Moderator EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay has a reputation beyond repute EMSbyDay's Avatar
    all are nice choices, the WRX will likely cost you much more in insurance.

You could also consider an A3 as I did, insurance classifies it as a Wagon and is therfore cheap on insurance.

In the end though you have to test drive them and see what feels "right" for you.

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Audi for the interior and lovely AWD, but the 1.8T just isn't enough engine for the drivetrain and size of car. Did they offer the 2.7T in the later A4's or only in the B5 S4's and the Audi Allroad?

Veteran Member Sammi_S has a spectacular aura about Sammi_S has a spectacular aura about Sammi_S's Avatar
    SUBARU! .. so easy to make fast and dont get the STI get the WRX .. and mod that .. easly made faster than the STI .. (insurance is 4X cheaper!) litteraly 4X lol
    -2009 Audi A3 FWD/DSG

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Raz
    Audi for the interior and lovely AWD, but the 1.8T just isn't enough engine for the drivetrain and size of car. Did they offer the 2.7T in the later A4's or only in the B5 S4's and the Audi Allroad?
    My thoughts exactly. Raz they only offered it in the S4's and the Allroad... its 1.8T and 3.0 Quattro for B6's from what I know, haven't checked out the drivetrain options for the B7's... maybe i'll take a look
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member Toronto Vento is infamous around these parts Toronto Vento is infamous around these parts
    I thought the STI has stronger engine internals...then again, I also thought I heard that the STI tranny is for some reason weaker than the WRX one...or is it the other way around. Do some reasearch on the WRXs...they can be easy to mod, but I've heard something about weak trannies.

The car you chose is going to have to be for your tastes, and your lifestyle. Do you want a rally bred quick car? Do you want something for fuel economy (TDI), do you want semi-luxury (A4, or better...TL). My friend has a TL and he's happy with it. Given the list of cars, you might want to check out the TSX. Smaller than the TL, but better handling/suspension. Unfortunately, all the cars you have chosen require premium gas (other than the TDI of course).

Also, depends on how long you want to keep the car. If it's only for a few years, then go nuts...if you plan to keep it for a long time, make an informed decision.

BTW, the Audi A3 is something you might also want to consider (as EMS stated)...but that's on the higher end of your price range.

Like I said, you have to take a look at YOUR driving style, and see what YOU want in a car. I could sit here and suggest all kinds of cars, but you're the one who will have to drive it. You could always look at a Mini Cooper S if you don't mind a smaller car, but I noticed everything you want is 4 door and mid to full size car.
    Diesel - because real cars don't use spark plugs.

thanks for all the input.. when the car is in my driveway i'll let everone know lol

Veteran Member Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rabbitman
    STI. AWD, turbo, 300 hp, what else could you want?
    Exactlly is not a fair comparrison here, the STI is in a different class.
    Nick | 2001 Golf 1.8T | www.mygolfiv.com | www.gtan.ca | HID Kits | Mechanic Gloves | Need Hosting ? $6/Month IM Me |

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Toronto Vento
    I thought the STI has stronger engine internals...then again, I also thought I heard that the STI tranny is for some reason weaker than the WRX one...or is it the other way around. Do some reasearch on the WRXs...they can be easy to mod, but I've heard something about weak trannies.
    The STI tranny isn't weak at all.. The WRX tranny is a POS though, I've heard of so many people replacing them once or twice under warranty, on bone stock cars. The stock clutch in the WRX is weak too, to help cushion shocks to the weak tranny.

STI tranny = great
    WRX tranny = crap.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

alright got some good, and bad news lol.. so heres the lastest... i'm gong to keep my mk3 golf 2.0 just because it hasnt really failed me yet ( knock on wood) .. so i'm going to take some of the money i'm saving up and put it into getting a new paint job ( incl. getting the minor rust fixed) then i'm going ot finish off the new suspension considering i've got free springs sitting beside me still.. and then new rims... drive that till i'm 19 then i'll get a new ride ... most likely an audi or a new VW... dont want ot move out of the germany yet lol

Veteran Member Sammi_S has a spectacular aura about Sammi_S has a spectacular aura about Sammi_S's Avatar

wat car to choose

i mssg'd u mark
    -2009 Audi A3 FWD/DSG

Veteran Member mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh's Avatar
    It's odd that everyone was bashing the WRX tranny ... was there a year range for that problem? My dad has had one since 02 and has 160xxxkms on it and we track the car. No problems at all.
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    December 21, 2012, with any luck the world will end, that means no xmas shopping that year, and if the world doesn't end, my family is gunna be pissed cuz they ain't gettin no gifts!

no scubby doo's have good trannies ... its only if u wanna go 500 AWHP ... i know the WRX tranny handles up 350AWHP after than ur damaging it but 350 isz good enough thats like 455 HP ..
    -2009 Audi A3 FWD/DSG

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    A friend of mine has a coworker that had 2 trannies replaced on his stock WRX and 3 clutches, he drives harder than a granny, but doesn't beat on it. As for a year range, I'm not sure.. I do know that above 300awhp you're really taking a risk though.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    Just buy the new rabbit, it's about 24500 loaded after taxes and everything.
    The insurance on it is cheaper than ALL of those.
    And you'll have a full warranty.

Sure, you'll be able to afford to buy one of those other cars, but are you going to have enough cash laying around to pay for maintenance?

I suggest the waskily wabbit, huhuhuhuhhuhuhu
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member VW_GTI is on a distinguished road
    kinda funny for a VW forum to rank the Jetta so low on the list. (i voted Audi)

Veteran Member Toronto Vento is infamous around these parts Toronto Vento is infamous around these parts
    Quote Originally Posted by VW_GTI
    kinda funny for a VW forum to rank the Jetta so low on the list. (i voted Audi)
    Because we've all experienced VWs and kind of look elsewhere at the moment. HA HA HA

BTW, thanks for the clarification on the WRX tranny vs STI.
    Diesel - because real cars don't use spark plugs.

Veteran Member dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver
    Just buy the new rabbit, it's about 24500 loaded after taxes and everything.
    The insurance on it is cheaper than ALL of those.
    And you'll have a full warranty.

Sure, you'll be able to afford to buy one of those other cars, but are you going to have enough cash laying around to pay for maintenance?

I suggest the waskily wabbit, huhuhuhuhhuhuhu

i agree big time. the new wabbit is fucking sick, my dad took one for a test drive and it was fucking sweet.

ok well Subaru WRX tranny i clarified everyhting handles up to 350HP not to wheels ... after that u gotta change it! ... the upgrade to it is the STI tranny Which handles 600HP
    -2009 Audi A3 FWD/DSG

Veteran Member ATI_VR6 is on a distinguished road ATI_VR6's Avatar
    sammi it is a WRX STI what he mentioned, not a basic WRX...
    SO he would be able to push 600hp
    :P

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information