+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Engine Swaps

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold

Engine Swaps

Has anyone on this website had one? I am soon to have a new engine and I want to see who can do the best job the fastest and hopefully not to expensive... Please do recommend any place that could do it within like a 2 week period while not costing an arm and a leg

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    did something happen to your engine?
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold VWJettaMK2 is a splendid one to behold
    Hell no..The stupid thing just wont die :@ But this engine I found I had to pick up..LoL

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    LOL

I was wondering about this too, I want to do something with the Cabby, just don't want so much power that I bend the whole freakin' car

Thanks Harry...Ill make sure I give him a call tomorrow.

By the way for anyone who wants to know its a VR6 thats going in

freakin' sweet
    I wanted to do that but I heard some guy dropped on in a rabbit and bent the frame all up, 170 ish whp and it was done

Veteran Member distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future
    do it yourself!

8v's can be ripped out in like 18 seconds or so!

alright maybe not that quick but the only real headache would be wiring the vr

what year is the motor?
    *various witty comments and gawky, forum cluttering images*

Veteran Member distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver
    freakin' sweet
    I wanted to do that but I heard some guy dropped on in a rabbit and bent the frame all up, 170 ish whp and it was done
    rabbits are WEAK cars, you can ripple fenders just driving it hard with the stock motor, dont EVER add power without reinforcing the car

so if I want a little pep in the cabby I need to weld some shit onto my frame?

The motor I have is a CIS-E(1987 VW Jetta)...I know none of the wiring matchs up at all thats why I need someone who knows about VW's and who will be able to figure out how to do it...

Quote Originally Posted by Giver
    so if I want a little pep in the cabby I need to weld some shit onto my frame?
    not neccesarily, at least add some stress bars in there though

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by footose
    Foreign Automotive, 519-894-9551

Ask for jason.
    He's the best guy for like anything VW.
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by footose
    Foreign Automotive, 519-894-9551

Ask for jason.
    W3rd...best service ever !!
    Nick | 2001 Golf 1.8T | www.mygolfiv.com | www.gtan.ca | HID Kits | Mechanic Gloves | Need Hosting ? $6/Month IM Me |

You putting a 12 valve in her?

That's what I'd like to put in the little cabby, just not sure if you have more room to stuff it under your hood than I do

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    I hope you have the full harness, ecu, cluster, as well as the engine/tranny, plus the shifter box, etc..

You can keep your pedal assembly if you use a eurovan 'clutch bracket' and a CRX(yes, honda crx) clutch cable instead of swapping over to the hydraulic clutch pedal assembly.

I'm not positive, but I think you need the subframe from a MK3 or corrado as well.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

I dont know about half the things you said since my buddy did a swap into his 1992 golf 4 door and he didnt use the hydraulic pedal assembly nor a sub frame... However to be safe, Ill ask a few shops that deal with VW's..

Veteran Member dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life's Avatar
    go see cliff at ESS (european speed sport) lol...he'll rip you a new asshole on prices

....but you're used to that already

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VWJettaMK2
    I dont know about half the things you said since my buddy did a swap into his 1992 golf 4 door and he didnt use the hydraulic pedal assembly nor a sub frame... However to be safe, Ill ask a few shops that deal with VW's..
    To be honest, you might only need the subframe if you're going to run the MK3 VR suspension(plus suspension).. If you're keeping the stock suspension, hubs, brakes, etc then you might be fine with the stock subframe.

If you want to keep the cable clutch, then the eurovan clutch bracket is your friend... Thanks to bajaguy for that little tid-bit of goodness.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by dub4life
    go see cliff at ESS (european speed sport) lol...he'll rip you a new asshole on prices

....but you're used to that already
    Last time I heard this was a VW website...Where is your dub? Beside the guy I will be buying the VR6 from said he is good friends with the owner of ESS so he said he could talk to him and see what kind of deal he can get me

Senior Member NOTORIOUS VR is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by wparsons
    To be honest, you might only need the subframe if you're going to run the MK3 VR suspension(plus suspension).. If you're keeping the stock suspension, hubs, brakes, etc then you might be fine with the stock subframe.

If you want to keep the cable clutch, then the eurovan clutch bracket is your friend... Thanks to bajaguy for that little tid-bit of goodness.
    no he needs the mk III or corrado subframe, the rear mount is in a different position as far as I kan remember.

and seeing his car is pre-CE2, he'll need to do either some custom wiring, or he'll need to re-wire the entire car to CE2.
    STAGE II+
    CUSTOM TUNED ECU · FMIC · SSAC DP STRAIGHT · MILLTEK 3" · VAST W/M · KW V1 · 18" VMR V708's

TUNE YOUR ECU

Member sleepergti94 is on a distinguished road
    ESS did my 1.8t mk3 in a week for me. Lukasportz is a great place as well
    94 GTI 1.8T Chipped...For Sale

Senior Member Bitsq is on a distinguished road
    hum... if you use a corrado subframe it bolts up to the mkii chasie?
    just curious
    Old:03 GTI 1.8T Indigo Blue
    New:2004 Infiniti G35 coupe

Veteran Member ATI_VR6 is on a distinguished road ATI_VR6's Avatar
    i would go with LukasportZ. Ive been going there for 4 yrs now and the guy always precise, good prices, and hes united with QMRmotorsports, so if you need a part it will be there in half an hour!!!! THAT COMBO IS JUST SICK, i wouldent go anywhere else bud!!!! LUKASPORTZ ALLL THE WAY
    !!!!!

Veteran Member ATI_VR6 is on a distinguished road ATI_VR6's Avatar
    ESS is just too expensive, they are a big shop and they will charge you a arm and a leg for the work,

Veteran Member dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life will become famous soon enough dub4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by VWJettaMK2
    Last time I heard this was a VW website...Where is your dub? Beside the guy I will be buying the VR6 from said he is good friends with the owner of ESS so he said he could talk to him and see what kind of deal he can get me
    chill man,

and plus, i don't need to own a volkswagen to be on this site. i like volkswagens...that's enough.

Member sleepergti94 is on a distinguished road
    ESS is not a big shop...
    94 GTI 1.8T Chipped...For Sale

New Member GTi_8v is on a distinguished road
    ESS did my VR6 swap. Immaculate

They look after you to if any problem arises

I might go with ESS because I was told by the seller that he could get the swap in for me for 1200$ or so...Which is a ishload better then a few places have quoted me...LoL...Biggest quote I got was 3100$ for the swap...I giggled like a little school girl...

^^ $3100 really isn't that terrible either, considering ALL the wiring that has to be done to make the swap work.. $1200 seems to good to be true, even if you do have EVERY piece needed for the swap and they just have to put it together.
    flickr

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information