+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Blue Smoke, what could it be?

Senior Member BikeBoy24 is on a distinguished road
    So I guess the problem isn't the turbo seals then right? There's no way it could have died so fast... Did you do a compression test? But then again, if you fried a piston ring or something, you wouldn't have gotten 14.7. lol... We're talking major compression loss if it was a piston ring or some other gasket or seal.

I just changed it when I took off my intake manifold. But I think it's accessible without taking it off. Just take a look at it. The hardest part is taking off those one time use clamps. You should take a look at the stock one first. There's no point in changing it if it's fine right? When I took mine off, I saw A LOT of oil there. It was either seeping past the valve, or around it (because the clamps weren't tight). I know it's normal to have a bit of oil there, but I think it seemed a bit excessive.

I'm using the G right now. But the original part was A. I'm not sure if the G is more durable, but I figured it was a newer revision, so it can't be worse right?
    \'01 VW Jetta Wolfsburg Edition
    Cool White
    HardcoreDUBS

http://members.rogers.com/kwong24/ken1.jpg

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I dont hitnk it's the turbo or rings cause it's not smoking anymore.

I think what might of happened is the PCV got really hot and maybe it warpped or sagged and caused it too let oil by when we were at the track. It only really happens when it's been idling after a hard run.

What do you thiNK?

Member eurojet is on a distinguished road
    which one did you order?
    the g vlave just says bleeder
    and the a valve says pcv bleeder valve
    also i cant find any ones listed for the AWP
    i wonder if this is the g valve since it is for the 2003
    i followed the instructions year make model and it does not list awp motors,
    2002 jetta 1.8T Jan 05
    2005 Saturn Ion Redline Feb-Mar 05 (stupid fast car)
    2002 Saab 9-3 HOT(high output turbo) Mar
    2005 Mazda 3 sport GT April-Nov 05
    2005 Ford Xscape XLT Nov to present

www.HardcoreDubs.com

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    I ordered G, I assume it's the same as Kenneth's as his is 01 and mine is 01!

It's possible that the valve is just worn out. Let's hope that's it though... cheap fix. The flap and spring is very flimsy. I'm sure it has no problem holding stock boost. Not sure about chipped boost though.

It doesn't really matter which one. They looked exactly the same. In fact, that site calls one "valve" and the other "bleeder valve". But oddly enough, it's the opposite on the computers at the VW parts desk. The G valve is *newer* though. The A valve has been used since the AWD engine.
    Cool White
    HardcoreDUBS

Member eurojet is on a distinguished road
    maybe the spring is stronger cause of the stock higher boost on the awp, in this case cause you say it was listed for 2003 golf
    2002 jetta 1.8T Jan 05
    2005 Saturn Ion Redline Feb-Mar 05 (stupid fast car)
    2002 Saab 9-3 HOT(high output turbo) Mar
    2005 Mazda 3 sport GT April-Nov 05
    2005 Ford Xscape XLT Nov to present

www.HardcoreDubs.com

Possibly... but it did seem like it was exactly the same. Just a different colour.

It doens't really matter though. As long as it doesn't leak, and stays closed when it's supposed to.
    Cool White
    HardcoreDUBS

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    Ordered as well! Kenneth did you buy the stock one time clamps to put the new one on? Or did you use a standard adjustable clamp?
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Nah, I'm using those adjustable hose clamps. They hold way better.
    Cool White
    HardcoreDUBS

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    what size?

I can't remember exactly. If you go to home depot, I think it's one bigger than the smallest they have, and then one bigger than than the 2nd smallest one. Does that make sense?

Best of luck. Hope that solves your problem!
    Cool White
    HardcoreDUBS

Demetri: is yours in stock? the guy said he has to order them from the states, but there was ONE left in the warehouse!! I wonder who will get it first! ahah

HAHAHHA my guy told me there is ONE left in the warehouse too!! LOL DAMN you called first!!

Well I would assume the order goes in right away. I am supposed to call back Wednesday what about you?

Well it seems my dealership has more pull...the part is in. I pick it up today! YAY!!

Its not what you know...its who you know..

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread Information