+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Climate Control light went out

Climate Control light went out

Anyone know of a DIY to change the lights for the climate controls and the fan control on the MKIV's? Mine went out but not sure of how to change it.

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    Yah that is a real pain

Basically you just get a cloth and some plyers, and you put the cloth on the middle knob as to not damage the knob when pulling on it with the plyers. Pull the knob straight out and then you can change the light

Quote Originally Posted by footose
    Yah that is a real pain

Basically you just get a cloth and some plyers, and you put the cloth on the middle knob as to not damage the knob when pulling on it with the plyers. Pull the knob straight out and then you can change the light
    do you know what kind of light it uses?

Administrator footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose has a reputation beyond repute footose's Avatar
    not sure,its very small, just take it out and take it to crappy tire they will have them

Member Ninjapimp is on a distinguished road
    Footose is right on the money about that. I posted the exact same problem in February or so. I used vice grips and a rag. Getting the bulb out was a bitch because the pliers wouldn't hold the bulb. I got around that by duct taping the head of bulb for resistance and then it popped out easy.

Gti_Jay posted a diagram for me in the original post of mine. I went back to it but the link is broken now.
    Driving my New 2005 Subaru Legacy GT LTD!
    (Yes I know it\'s Japanese...and yes it is 250hp turbo!)

Member .je is on a distinguished road
    It is a #42 bulb available at Crappy Tire. I have one extra you can use, if you can wait till the next gtg. It is a little less bright than the rest of the cluster but over time all the other bulbs become a little less bright too... They're not expensive at the dealer.

Thanks guys for the help, got the light out and will go to the dealer to buy one.

.je - thanks for the offer but I can't stand it being so dark down there. don't think i can wait till the next GTG... Thanks again though!

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    That damn bulb goes out on a lot of cars!
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information