+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread: If You're New To GenDUB, Introduce Yourself!

Veteran Member distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by vdubvento
    Does your MKII Jetta have a clipper kit on it?!?! If so, that is crazy awesome! I wanna see more pics of it!
    i already tried to steal it off his car when he wasn't looking
    *various witty comments and gawky, forum cluttering images*

Quote Originally Posted by distr0
    i already tried to steal it off his car when he wasn't looking
    Hmmm... i'll be keeping my eyes on you closer.

You just keep your eyes closer on my valve cover so i don't run over it again. whoops.

btw, It's a FOHA kit.

before it was slammed....

Last edited by Triton; 06-13-2006 at 11:02 PM.

Veteran Member distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future distr0 has a brilliant future
    Quote Originally Posted by Triton
    It's a FOHA kit.

ohh yeah, thats it

lemme know if you want to get rid of it though.... have you decided what you're doing with that car yet?
    *various witty comments and gawky, forum cluttering images*

ohh yeah, thats it

lemme know if you want to get rid of it though.... have you decided what you're doing with that car yet?
    the foha kit... not sure yet.

the car? it's getting ripped apart. any parts transferable, that are an improvement are ending up on the Rabbit.

The steering assembly, and manual rack will end up on the corrado.... becuase it doesn't have one as well as the front seats.

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Wow, I never really liked the FOHA kit, but I bet its cause I don't like small bumpers, if you had a big front bumper and got rid of the part of the kit that extended to the front of the car underneath the bumper I would love it all!

And maybe big doors and an Aero Badgless grille to top it off!
    Mk3 Jetta 20V | B5.5 Passat TDI 5MT | OEM+ | chopshop |
    moar.

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    ohh yeah, thats it

like I said to you numerous times....
    if he wont sell it to me...
    he aint NEVER sellin it......
    just like his RA's......

I've been screaming at him for his parts for eons....

punk wont budge....

New Member vwrabbitowner is on a distinguished road vwrabbitowner's Avatar

I'm new to GenDub

Hi all...
    I thought I should introduce myself. I'm a California Dubber. I've owned several old school bugs over the years and 1 New Beetle.

My current ride is an '83 Rabbit Convertible. I bought it 3 weeks ago for a mere $700. It has a straight body, minimal rust, and runs excellent.

Here are some pics.

These next 2 photos are a before and after shot to show you how filthy the headliner was before I cleaned it. The original owner that I bought the Rabbit from was an absolute slob.

I'm going to slowly fix it up as my finances allow.
    Not all drivers are created equal...

Some of us drive Volkswagens

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    holy smokes that's a dirty headliner!
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Veteran Member mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Neb
    holy smokes that's a dirty headliner!
    oh yah ... car looks good otherwise though man!
    Quote Originally Posted by Chops View Post
    December 21, 2012, with any luck the world will end, that means no xmas shopping that year, and if the world doesn't end, my family is gunna be pissed cuz they ain't gettin no gifts!

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    My top is dirty too, what did you use to clean that sucker, it's looks incredible now.
    And 700 for that car? beauty, welcome to Gendub!
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Veteran Member Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute Raz has a reputation beyond repute
    Triton, your Jetta looks incredible! I HEART!

Nice group of dubs we've got joining our midst. Now post a bit, will ya'?

OMFG, that was one dirty ass headliner. Nice cleanup job!

New Member vwrabbitowner is on a distinguished road vwrabbitowner's Avatar

Cleaning agent

Quote Originally Posted by Giver
    My top is dirty too, what did you use to clean that sucker, it's looks incredible now.
    And 700 for that car? beauty, welcome to Gendub!
    I used a cleaner called "Castrol Super Clean". It's hard to miss since it's packaged in a bright purple spray pump bottle. I purchased it at AutoZone. I currently refer to it as The Miracle Cleaner. I also used it to clean up the door panels, degrease the engine, and clean my gas BBQ grill. That stuff rules.

-Steve-
    Not all drivers are created equal...

Some of us drive Volkswagens

Member VeeDoubleYou is on a distinguished road VeeDoubleYou's Avatar
    Im new to GenDub also and just bought a 93 Cabby. I will get the car tomorrow and have it on the road by the weeked. She is in great shape, no rust at all, and I am not kidding and just over 100,000km's. She has a new top and ton of other new parts. I am in the Mississauga area and am looking to see if any GenDubbers meet up around here once a week?

Veteran Member vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento has a brilliant future vdubvento's Avatar
    Welcome VeeDoubleYou... actually every Wednesday (tonite) GenDUBBers meet at the 403 and Dundas Tim Horton's.... mostly in the bigger part of the parking lot facing the rear side of Timmie's.... but you should see them. Check it up in the Canada section (GTG every Wednesday in Oakville).
    moar.

Junior Member dubski is on a distinguished road

newb sayin hey

Whats up guys... just picked up my first dub (MKII Hatch) with the single headlight conversion, leathers, lowered, and some misc things... but i just wanted to say hey and hope to meet some new ppl.

I actually ended up getting this car for what the tow cost me... lol so its got 320km on it, the motor was apparently rebuilt... but im thinking either 2L swap or vr6 swap depending on what it costs me. I'm looking @ getting some kyb's or bilstein's and some nice lowering springs, full paint, deep dish rims, 2.25" header back exhaust to a remus muffler, some momo accessories ... well its gonna be an interesting project...lol

quick question, the stock motor in this thing is 1.8L correct?

anywayz on with the pics (literally 20 mins after i got it to my storage unit)

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    Welcome to gendub man, sweet friggin' car for the price that's for sure
    already looks lowered too.niiiiiiiiice
    cheers

Veteran Member VRSound is on a distinguished road
    hey welcome .....yea the stock motor was a 1.8L 8v

lol... thanks yea... for 40 bucks u can't go wrong, i think the springs were chopped.... so suspension, cross drilled rotors, pads ...etc..etc.. etc.. are 1st on the priority list.. im expecting to dump about 4 grand into it to get it the way i want... roughly 2-3 weeks or so...if all goes well

edit: thanks for the motor info... 8valve sounds so old skool... dunno if i should build it up and boost it.... hmmm

lol, 2-3 weeks. This is definitely your first dub.

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    lookin' awesome for sure. Do the VR swap. You wont be disappointed. I watched one take an 8vT easily on the weekend.. and it sounds soooo sick
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

if i find a decent enough price installed... i might go VR... ps.. thanks for movin the thread mods, would of posted here originally ... had i seen it beforehand

Veteran Member mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh has a reputation beyond repute mosh's Avatar
    lol, 2-3 weeks. This is definitely your first dub.
    lol No kidding. Car looks awesome but I really wouldn't get your hopes up about 2-3 weeks. There's lots of us on here who got plagued by the "waiting for parts" thing this year. Unless your really lucky its gonna take a little while longer. Keep us posted though!

PS - I vote for VR as well ... but I'm biased
    December 21, 2012, with any luck the world will end, that means no xmas shopping that year, and if the world doesn't end, my family is gunna be pissed cuz they ain't gettin no gifts!

Quote Originally Posted by dubski
    ps.. thanks for movin the thread mods, would of posted here originally ... had i seen it beforehand
    No problem! And nice ride... my next car I want a MK2 GTi... but in Montanna Green...
    moar.

New Member tripleAAA is infamous around these parts tripleAAA's Avatar
    Well I'm really not THAT new, however I have never really posted before, besides right this moment.

I live in Kitchener and drive a sexy little bitch of a Golf. God, after all these years I still love her like I just got her!!

^whats up bud

update on my car, was doing the front brakes today, turns out somebody before me switched the WHOLE post... lol turns out i have 91 jetta gtx rotors/pads/struts/springs on my front end... lol 2 trips to crappy tire to figure that one out... but theres 1 problem out of the way... finally ended up getting kevlar pads @ a nearby shop.. lol..

Quote Originally Posted by tripleAAA
    Well I'm really not THAT new, however I have never really posted before, besides right this moment.

I live in Kitchener and drive a sexy little bitch of a Golf. God, after all these years I still love her like I just got her!!

Welcome man... good to see more Kitchener people out on the boards...! And from your user name it seems either that you drive a GTi or just have a VR swap on your Golf....
    moar.

Quote Originally Posted by dubski
    ^whats up bud

update on my car, was doing the front brakes today, turns out somebody before me switched the WHOLE post... lol turns out i have 91 jetta gtx rotors/pads/struts/springs on my front end... lol 2 trips to crappy tire to figure that one out... but theres 1 problem out of the way... finally ended up getting kevlar pads @ a nearby shop.. lol..
    Please.....................do yourself and all of us Dub lovers a favour........

Do
    Not
    Bring
    Your
    Car
    To
    Crappy
    Tire

They do NOT know how to work with the electrical systems in our cars. We have enough issues with electronics in our rides before some 17 year old virgin with acne even touches it.

Please.....................do yourself and all of us Dub lovers a favour........

Do
    Not
    Bring
    Your
    Car
    To
    Crappy
    Tire

They do NOT know how to work with the electrical systems in our cars. We have enough issues with electronics in our rides before some 17 year old virgin with acne even touches it.
    I know not to bring my baby there, however I'm not even sure I trust VW Dealerships to know how to work with the electrical systems. My car just got over a NON-starting issue. They had my car in the shop every week trying to figure shit out.Techs came to my house even. Turned out it had something to do with a wire harness.

***and for those above...I'm a chick...***

^^^Yah good that you don't take your car there ... I think Giver was talking about dubski taking his car there for brakes

And as for the the above question about your engine ... VR6??

Quote Originally Posted by moshvr6
    ^^^Yah good that you don't take your car there ... I think Giver was talking about dubski taking his car there for brakes

And as for the the above question about your engine ... VR6??
    I got that...Just commenting on the the fact that even VW doesn't know VW electrical (in my humble opinion).

Actually 2.0. All the money goes towards the one my boyfriend drives. Soon enough I will change the "Soccer-Mom" persona. (basically...I'm a young momma, my son plays soccer and I drive a VW that is in desperate need of a change).
    Last edited by tripleAAA; 06-22-2006 at 09:21 PM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 88 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 53 ... LastLast

Thread Information