+ Reply to Thread

Thread: what exhaust is

New Member filly2.0 is on a distinguished road

what exhaust is

what exhaust is best for a 2.0 jetta?

Veteran Member Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute

Re: what exhaust is

Quote Originally Posted by filly2.0
    What generation Jetta?

Do you want best performance gains?

Or do you want the best look?

Or the best value?

Or the best combination of the three?

Details man! We need details!

Veteran Member Santas1.8T is on a distinguished road Santas1.8T's Avatar

Re: what exhaust is

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Roberts
    Quote Originally Posted by filly2.0
    What generation Jetta?

Do you want best performance gains?

Or do you want the best look?

Or the best value?

Or the best combination of the three?

Details man! We need details!
    Also, what kind of sound is expected from this exhaust...for example, stock quiet, loud enough to hear but not offensive, or offensive
    2000 1.8T Jetta, upsolute, Brullen turbo back, Forge 006.

2005 Ford Mustang GT, Steeda Custom 94 octane tune, Custom Intake, SCT X-Cal 2, Tri-ax short shifter, MagnaFlow X-pipe w/high flow cats

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    I would suggest a Techtonics Tuning exhaust. That's what I run. It's quiet, good quality, and flows good!
    I like STUFF

Veteran Member Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute Bob Roberts has a reputation beyond repute
    Quote Originally Posted by TurboABA
    I would suggest a Techtonics Tuning exhaust. That's what I run. It's quiet, good quality, and flows good!
    Thats what I have as well. Makes good power, and looks stock so the police won't hassle you, unless you put a tip on it. It is somewhat expensive though.

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    You get what you pay for!
    I like STUFF

Veteran Member Santas1.8T is on a distinguished road Santas1.8T's Avatar
    If I was just getting a Cat-back system, I would get a Scorpion. Awesome sound and performance.

If I wanted personalized service, I would get a Brullen. They have always treated me good and they are local. Their cat-backs have good sound and performance and come with a lifetime gaurantee.

Techtonics is another good name.

Strömung is another company that I might look into also. They aren't as well known here, but they are well known in WRX circles.
    2000 1.8T Jetta, upsolute, Brullen turbo back, Forge 006.

2005 Ford Mustang GT, Steeda Custom 94 octane tune, Custom Intake, SCT X-Cal 2, Tri-ax short shifter, MagnaFlow X-pipe w/high flow cats

Quote Originally Posted by TurboABA
    You get what you pay for!
    Very true, I love mine! Plus you can install it yourself and it is adjustable (say you lower your car and the pipe hits the torsion beam). I also like the fact that it uses clamps verses shops that weld it all together. Welding stainless steel changes its properties and makes it succeptable to rust. Because the TT uses clamps to connect all the pieces, this is not an issue.

Veteran Member Chet Acer is infamous around these parts Chet Acer is infamous around these parts
    TT uses clamps? I did not know that.

Quote Originally Posted by Chet Acer
    TT uses clamps? I did not know that.
    Yup. The clamps are what they weld the hanger rods to as well, so they minimize the number of welds to the actual exhaust pipes themselves. This minimizes the number of potential rust through points.

I've had this one on the car for two serious winters now and the only rust evident on the entire system is some surface rust on the resonator.

Its not as pretty an arrangement as some others, but this is my daily driver. I'm not shoving mirrors under the car at shows.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information