+ Reply to Thread

Thread: HELP! EMISSIONS

HELP! EMISSIONS

i have a 2000 vr6 golf with a eurospor cat back exhaust. the exhaust has been on for about 7 to 8 months. and today the check engine light came on and it says emissions workshop! wat is this. how can i fix this?

Veteran Member Santas1.8T is on a distinguished road Santas1.8T's Avatar

Re: HELP! EMISSIONS

Quote Originally Posted by gohomevr6
    i have a 2000 vr6 golf with a eurospor cat back exhaust. the exhaust has been on for about 7 to 8 months. and today the check engine light came on and it says emissions workshop! wat is this. how can i fix this?
    dude, what says emissions workshop? Did you get some kind of code and if so, what was the code?
    2000 1.8T Jetta, upsolute, Brullen turbo back, Forge 006.

2005 Ford Mustang GT, Steeda Custom 94 octane tune, Custom Intake, SCT X-Cal 2, Tri-ax short shifter, MagnaFlow X-pipe w/high flow cats

Senior Member ATAZ is on a distinguished road ATAZ's Avatar
    F-it just through in a "bad mother fucker", that should give it a good emision workshop.
    1987 Grey Jetta 12v VR6 - blew-up
    2000 Silver Jetta 12v VR6 - sold
    2009 White Mazdaspeed3

hahahhahahaa. all good ideas......lol. but how do i fix it....just take it to dealership? hahahahhaha.

Veteran Member DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS has much to be proud of DrZEUS's Avatar
    Where do you see it say "emission workshop"? There is no light on your dash that spells those words...nor is their a VAG code like that. Be more specific.
    2008 Audi A4 S-Line Quattro | 2001 Jetta Wolfsburg

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    It can be cause by anything from a bad tank of gas, to a bad O2 sensor.
    I like STUFF

the emission workshop was displayed on the odemeter in the middle.there a little screen that displays mpg....speed....distance and stuff like that.

Veteran Member Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911's Avatar
    DOn't worry about it, just keep driving, its normal on VW's. It will go away eventually
    Nick | 2001 Golf 1.8T | www.mygolfiv.com | www.gtan.ca | HID Kits | Mechanic Gloves | Need Hosting ? $6/Month IM Me |

Senior Member Born2DUB has a spectacular aura about Born2DUB has a spectacular aura about Born2DUB's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Prowler911
    DOn't worry about it, just keep driving, its normal on VW's. It will go away eventually
    lol, theses things just have a way of naturally working themselves out.
    2004 Jetta 1.8T - {GT28RS}{Techtonics Exhaust}{007 DV}{K&N}{Greddy FMIC}{Unitronic Chipped}

Veteran Member Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911 is a jewel in the rough Prowler911's Avatar
    I'm not joking, I had tones of wiered shit happen to me, jusy keep driving they go away.
    Nick | 2001 Golf 1.8T | www.mygolfiv.com | www.gtan.ca | HID Kits | Mechanic Gloves | Need Hosting ? $6/Month IM Me |

New Member DAG is on a distinguished road

I have Same thing

My 06 Jetta TDI gave me the same message this morning in the message centre, along with the check engine light coming on.
    Is the consensus still "don't worry about it" ?

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information