+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread: 8V Guru's answer this...

Member flintstone1977 is on a distinguished road flintstone1977's Avatar

Re: 8V Guru's answer this...

Quote Originally Posted by QDub
    Anyone with a 1.8L Digi II 8v ever put on a 270 Autotech Hydro Cam, and the Performance Cam Sprocket combined with the Itermediate Pulley? What kinda power should I expect?

I know its just an 8v, but Autotech claims you can see 7-13 Hp from just the cam alone, tho I prob wont be that lucky, with all those parts mentioned, what kinda changes in power should I see?

Thanks in Adavnce.
    We went a bit off topic with this one huh? A 270 cam is not a bad choice. Combine it with a decent chip and a fairly free flowing exhaust and you should have no problem seeing a 15-20 hp gain. Digi II chips are starting to get hard to find, but you should have no problem finding one with a little bit of searching. I used to run the same set up in my rabbit.
    As far as some others in this tread. I think we should have a track day.
    72 Chevy Nova, 450 whp of insanity.....

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    would the same rules apply for 2.0 8v?
    I'm more censored than Pulp Fiction on a saturday afternoon

Quote Originally Posted by Giver
    would the same rules apply for 2.0 8v?
    I'm not too sure about your 2000, but your 96 is a aba engine. Thats the same engine I'm currently running in my rabbit. The 96 is a obd2 engine. I know you have to upgrade the valve springs to run a decent cam. You could just use obd1 93 to 95 dual valve spring and it will work fine. My engine is a obd1, stock valve springs and I'm running a schrick 272. I've never had any problems with it. A 2.0 aba with decent mods can make 140hp no problem. A good cam, air intake, exhaust and a chip will get you close to that. I'm also running a 75 shot of nitrous on mine. The best thing about the 8valve is there fairly cheap to mod, and if you blow it up.....no big deal. Just get another one. The VR6 is a nice engine out of the box, but there huge money to mod. I would rather have a 1.8t than a VR6 anyday, but for now I'm stuck with my crappy 14sec 8v. Not that thats too bad, it will still walk on a stock vr.

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by flintstone1977
    I would rather have a 1.8t than a VR6 anyday, but for now I'm stuck with my crappy 14sec 8v. Not that thats too bad, it will still walk on a stock vr.

so will a g60...ask 81CABRIO
    Dubbers are like addicts....we go to weekly meetings
    vwarmy
    Nothing runs like a Deere

Quote Originally Posted by spettaa
    I would rather have a 1.8t than a VR6 anyday, but for now I'm stuck with my crappy 14sec 8v. Not that thats too bad, it will still walk on a stock vr.

A G60 in a mk1 will, yep.

Veteran Member spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa will become famous soon enough spettaa's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by spettaa

A G60 in a mk1 will, yep.
    i know i watched it happen on the way back from windsor last week!! 81CABRIO wrecked his ass
    vwarmy

Veteran Member ///MCON is on a distinguished road
    Quote Originally Posted by mark ll vr
    i started with a 8 vavle and then i found out how slow it was so i ripped it out and threw it in the trash and got a real engine

OKAY MOTOR 172 BHP 6 CYL NA

REAL MOTOR 192 BHP 4 CYL NA
    1988 E30 M3 - UBER CAR
    \"Wolf in wolves clothing\" Tiff

2002 Chev Malibu - The beater
    1997 Jetta GT - RIP

Veteran Member TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA is just really nice TurboABA's Avatar
    ^^^^ You want to talk about a REAL n/a motor?

690hp......

Let me know if you want to argue!
    I like STUFF

Quote Originally Posted by TurboABA
    ^^^^ You want to talk about a REAL n/a motor?

690hp......

Let me know if you want to argue!
    no arguement here!!
    vwarmy

Veteran Member ///MCON is on a distinguished road
    Ya But rotary is different . Still 690 hp
    1988 E30 M3 - UBER CAR
    \"Wolf in wolves clothing\" Tiff

2002 Chev Malibu - The beater
    1997 Jetta GT - RIP

Junior Member QDub is on a distinguished road

Re: 8V Guru's answer this...

Quote Originally Posted by QDub
    Anyone with a 1.8L Digi II 8v ever put on a 270 Autotech Hydro Cam, and the Performance Cam Sprocket combined with the Itermediate Pulley? What kinda power should I expect?

I know its just an 8v, but Autotech claims you can see 7-13 Hp from just the cam alone, tho I prob wont be that lucky, with all those parts mentioned, what kinda changes in power should I see?

Thanks in Adavnce.
    We went a bit off topic with this one huh? A 270 cam is not a bad choice. Combine it with a decent chip and a fairly free flowing exhaust and you should have no problem seeing a 15-20 hp gain. Digi II chips are starting to get hard to find, but you should have no problem finding one with a little bit of searching. I used to run the same set up in my rabbit.
    As far as some others in this tread. I think we should have a track day.
    Thanks for the info....waited 3 pages for this....

Veteran Member Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver has much to be proud of Giver's Avatar
    yeh, little off topic eh?

Veteran Member Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb has a reputation beyond repute Neb's Avatar
    i'm pretty sure the obdII engine didn't start until june of 96 so if you're running a 96 check and make sure that's what you have...
    Need design work?
    www.benpurkissdesign.com

Quote Originally Posted by Neb
    i'm pretty sure the obdII engine didn't start until june of 96 so if you're running a 96 check and make sure that's what you have...

i think you have OBDII(tuning port) and DIGI II (ECU)confused!!
    vwarmy

Quote Originally Posted by Neb
    I think it's 93 to 95 1/2-obd1
    95 1/2 to 99 1/2-obd2
    Just look at the throttle body. If it has a big tps module on it, it's a obd2.

Does the tps module print TPS Reports?

Veteran Member Santas1.8T is on a distinguished road Santas1.8T's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Giver
    Does the tps module print TPS Reports?
    Hey Giver, I think that you have to come in to work this saturday...hum, riiiiight, um, ok riiiiiight.
    2000 1.8T Jetta, upsolute, Brullen turbo back, Forge 006.

2005 Ford Mustang GT, Steeda Custom 94 octane tune, Custom Intake, SCT X-Cal 2, Tri-ax short shifter, MagnaFlow X-pipe w/high flow cats

haaaaaahaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa JOKES.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4

Thread Information