+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Basic tools needed????

New Member DansDub is on a distinguished road

Basic tools needed????

Hey guys, would just like to make a thread on tools that you would find in a garage at home! I just bought a car last year an ive been doing alot of work my self but just don't have the right tools which i hate!!! What are the basic tools you need to work on a car! From changing brake pads to changing the oil to replacing the transmisson. This will also help me with my tool list!

An is a 2 ton jack 5 1/2 to 19 1/2 2 with jack stands a good start? There on sale may 13 - may 25 at princess auto
    its also on sale for 64.99

or should i go for the 3 ton jack 5 1/8 to 19 1/2 with 3ton double locking jack stands for 129.99
    pleasee help
    VW golf gti 1.8T
    Forge Splitter Valve
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    daily driven

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    A decent socket set with a good size range of sockets should get you started. VW's will need a selection of allen keys as well, you'll want ones that work with ratchet handles and not the basic L shaped keys.

No need for a 3 ton jack for a car, but if you plan to lower the car you'll want a lower profile jack.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

thanks man i have a list going right now i cant wait to get all the tools i need! thanks again btw! an ya i was thinking about lowering it soon to so ya ill prob look into the low profile jack!
    Another question? where would you recommend i go to buy these tools cause they can get pretty pricey?
    VW golf gti 1.8T
    Forge Splitter Valve
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    daily driven

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    Look for sales at princess auto and canadian tire. Ive gotten plenty of tools for over 60% off at canadian tire sales.
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

ya i have been keeping an eye for a sale somewhere for a low profile jack right now
    VW golf gti 1.8T
    Forge Splitter Valve
    AEM Cold Air Intake
    daily driven

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information