+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Automatic transmission doesn't shift into 2nd unless warmed up for a long time

Automatic transmission doesn't shift into 2nd unless warmed up for a long time

I have an 04' Jetta Automatic (Turbo), that recently won't shift to 2nd unless I let it warm up for a long time.

If it isn't sufficiently warm, the rpms shoot high and the car never goes into 2nd. Sometimes after working properly, on a sharp turn it will slip back into 1st, requiring me to pull over, start over, and hope it gets warmer.

I'm tired of putting myself at the mercy of mechanics, and was wondering what some of the possible causes of this are,

Once it is warm and goes into 2nd, besides for the sharp turns (or speed bumps), it functions normally.

I've done some research, and it might be low transmission fluid?

Moderator CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski has a brilliant future CommradePolski's Avatar
    You check the tranny fluid?
    Nobody calls Han Solo a Bitch!
    www.vwr20.com
    www.generationdub.com
    My Ride

Veteran Member BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber is a splendid one to behold BellCityDubber's Avatar
    01m

cant check without replacing pan and gasket - there's no dipstick hole to check...... ya dipsticks.

takes special "lifetime" fluid too... (bullshit)

http://faculty.ccp.edu/faculty/dreed...ech/atf01m.htm

mk4 is the same.... do a TCM reset.... post back results.

yer welcome.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information