+ Reply to Thread

Thread: 95 Cabrio shift linkage problem

95 Cabrio shift linkage problem

well, i think it's linkage- the car has always had a little difficulty getting into first.

Otherwise it shifts fine. My wife tolerated this annoyance for about 50k miles but now that I'm driving the car it's making me crazy.

Sometimes it will go right in. Seems to work better when cold but that is not an absolute pattern.

Different tricks involve going into first from reverse, (really freaks people out at stop lights when they see the backup lights come on), or going into first from third.

Is it likely to be linkage? Is there a rebuild kit?

thanks

-- if you're following my question about canabalizing this 95 to fix a 97 I've decided to just rebuild the head and leave this car intact, so now I'm addressing the repairs to the 95 so I can sell it.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Does it get easier if you're stopped and have the clutch pressed in for a few seconds before trying to put it in gear?
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Does it get easier if you're stopped and have the clutch pressed in for a few seconds before trying to put it in gear?
    No, it's entirely about luck and whether or not you cross your fingers and face East.

2002 difficult to shift into first

Quote Originally Posted by wparsons View Post
    Any updates to this thread? I have a 2002 Cabrio with similar shifting symptoms. And yes, for mine if you hold the clutch in at a stop it will slide into 1st after a short time.

+ Reply to Thread

Thread Information