+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Craptastic MK2 Jetta

Junior Member FER86GTI is on a distinguished road

Craptastic MK2 Jetta

Well, i don't really post on here much because i have nothing cool to post. But now i'm just bored. So i'm going to post up my MK2 project. Nothing crazy is going to happen, just little stuff for now.

Well, i have owned 5 ****ty VW's since May of 2010.

My first VW was a $300 GTI.
    Started:

Ended: Riced as **** i know. Don't remind me

My second VW was a 1992 8v Jetta.

The motor blew after a few months so i att***ed a VR swap and ran out of money so i traded it for my buddies Jetta.

Third VW was the Jetta i got in trade for my 92.
    1986 1.8 GX

This car ended up catching on wire because of some stupid ****. But it still ran, i just needed something better to drive so i sold this Jetta to my buddy and i bought my 4th VW.

my fourth VW
    1990 Passat Wagon 16v 5speed. It had a good amount of misc stuff done when i got it.

This car is now also owned by the same buddy who owns my old Jetta.

So after the wagon i had an 85 S10 Blazer with a 350, then a 2.4 swapped 96 Neon, and now I'm back into another dub.

So now that my past VWs are out of the way, this is the current ****ty VW.

1992 VW Jetta 1.8 8v. Paid $800 for it, it runs great, drives great, and is complete.
    It came with
    Depo Aero headlights with city lights
    Badge less grille
    Smoked bumper blinkers
    Smoked Fender lights
    Diesel 5th gear
    Stainless exhaust
    Rokkor Coilovers in back
    lowering springs up front (no idea why it has mix matched suspension)
    Red Taillights
    and everything works besides cruise control.

I got a polished G60 Valve cover for $50 and put that on. Cleaned up some stuff under the hood and painted some stuff. I painted the ****ty teardrops purple, and i have been fixing little stuff.

Pictures of ****ty Jetta. (I didn't paint the car)

I'll keep this stupid thread updated with stuff i do to the car.

Moderator soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute soundwave has a reputation beyond repute
    Craptastic indeed
    Foreign Automotive (519)894-9551 | Chopshop.
    Quote Originally Posted by Zuber Speed View Post
    ....back when I was hardcore

Craptastic Jettas are fun though.

Moderator Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas has a reputation beyond repute Ricas's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by soundwave View Post
    Craptastic indeed
    Took the words out of my mouth.
    2003 GTi K04 Equipped and APR Tuned | My Flickr |

I ain't even mad.

RSLearningServices.ca

I'm guessing you guys expected something super nice for $750? haha

That poor jetta. Quite a paint job though

I'm going to fix it! it's going to get a new paint job after i do some body work and fix some stuff.

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    haha any of us would do that to a jetta thats not in good shape... but we still make fun and criticize everyone else who does it.
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

BTW, the k frame broke in the rusty camo Jetta. So i stripped all the good stuff and i'm going to put it in my old 1986 Jetta i bought back from my friend.

Painted the engine bay

Cut the hole in the engine bay for the harness, got rest of the harness and engine harness in.

Dashboard is in

Went to the Junkyard today with Cody, scored the good condition Westy setup(core support, headlights, and grille, A bunch of interior bits and pieces, full twead door cards, decent black carpet, decent rain tray, a steering wheel, a gauge cluster, door handles, quarter flares, and some kinda rare door handle protector things.

Cleaned the trans then power washed it.

Then i painted it

A bunch of trim pieces i got from the junkyard.

Lower dash piece i got in good condition

ICM heat sink i got from the junkyard too.

Update time!

Motor tore down for parts to be cleaned and painted and a new timing belt.

Hard to tell, but i black splattered the cam and intermediate shaft gears. Also Purple splattered the gun metal motor mounts.

Veteran Member ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07 is a splendid one to behold ipop07's Avatar
    looks good..getting deep into it eh..
    '01 A4 2.1T / '98 Audi A4 Car Trailer / '96 Audi A4 2.8 (parting out) / '06 VW Touareg 3.2L / '99 Honda Civic EK 1.8L
    www.Novustech.ca

Thanks! yeah, i planned on doing all this since the motor is out. It's a lot easier.

Moderator wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons has a reputation beyond repute wparsons's Avatar
    Just my opinion, but that block could use a good cleaning while it's out too! The rest looks good.
    Light travels faster than sound, so people may appear to be bright until you hear them speak...
    flickr

Yeah, i cleaned it well but the block needs some sanding to make it smooth. I plan on building a 2.0aba/jh head motor soon. So this is just temporary for now.

Update time!

Motor and trans is all put together and waiting to go in!

Can't wait to put this stuff on!

Rocking some 13inch VW hubcaps for right now.

More shit is hooked up. Almost done and ready to start.

Interior is slowly being pieced together.

Never thought i would love hubcaps.

nice! getting there..
    www.Novustech.ca

yeah, i've been being kind of lazy. I need to get to my buddies and finish it.

Is there a GenerationDub sticker i could buy?

Someone around here should have one...ask on the meet thread. i am sure some of the guys who are coming could get you one or two..if not talk to harry (footose)
    www.Novustech.ca

Ok, thanks!

Pulled it out of the garage, got it all ready to start and it wouldn't start. Went through a bunch of shit to figure stuff out. It would try to start but wouldn't. Tomorrow we're going to change the MAF, check the fuel pressure and re do the timing again. It's so close to being done!! :wall:

Me and my friends Tony and Cody got it running and driving today. I drove it home! I have a little bit of stuff to finish.

Thats great man! Last meet everyone brought out their mk2s and i was so jealous...

now make it purdy
    www.Novustech.ca

Thanks! thats the nest step is to make it nice.

13 inch Audi wheels, interior is coming together, did a little bit of other stuff too.

More pixors of The Whore and some of the exhaust. We used some spare pipe we had laying around, and a Tractor muffler from TSC (Tractor Supply Co.) It's just like a glass pack. I like the way it looks. It has normal exhaust hangers. The chain at the end was more for looks but it also helps hold the muffler from moving side to side. Car also needs a little bit of body work in the back.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread Information